The Student Room Group

2nd year LLB transfer to prestigious university

Hey,
My question is whether it's possible to transfer into 2nd year of a LLB programme. Had anyone here done so, or know of anyone who transferred. I had bad A level scores, but 1st year law seems to be going good. would I be able to get into KCL/UCL/warwick/nottingham/lse/qmul or similar universities if I get something like 70+ average for the 1st year modules?
lol I know it's pretty rare but would like to know if it's
possible.
Reply 1
Original post by ScAaR19
Hey,
My question is whether it's possible to transfer into 2nd year of a LLB programme. Had anyone here done so, or know of anyone who transferred. I had bad A level scores, but 1st year law seems to be going good. would I be able to get into KCL/UCL/warwick/nottingham/lse/qmul or similar universities if I get something like 70+ average for the 1st year modules?
lol I know it's pretty rare but would like to know if it's
possible.

It’s definitely worth speaking to the admissions teams at these universities via email or phone call as they’ll be able to advise you better, I’m doing the same thing but with a different course I’ve applied via ucas and put starting point 2 instead of 1
Reply 2
Original post by 17starr
It’s definitely worth speaking to the admissions teams at these universities via email or phone call as they’ll be able to advise you better, I’m doing the same thing but with a different course I’ve applied via ucas and put starting point 2 instead of 1

Surely, thanks a lot
Original post by ScAaR19
Surely, thanks a lot

hi there, wanted to ask if u spoke to the universities and found out which do transfers for law for second year?
Reply 4
Original post by hussein.kamboh2
hi there, wanted to ask if u spoke to the universities and found out which do transfers for law for second year?

Hey man. I am in similar circumstances and have reached out to KCL, LSE, Warwick, Nottingham and QMUL on year two transfer. Unfortunately they have informed that it is not possible to do so as all students will have to start from year 1. Which programme are you currently in?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by norturn
Hey man. I am in similar circumstances and have reached out to KCL, LSE, Warwick, Nottingham and QMUL on year two transfer. Unfortunately they have informed that it is not possible to do so as all students will have to start from year 1. Which programme are you currently in?

hi there, ahh that’s sad man i was hoping they would do second year transfers. I’m joining Uni of kent for law in september as a first year for Law LLB and i know that kent is quite decent for law but i was hoping if there were any russel group unis who do second year transfers for law. Do you know any other russel group unis who do second year transfers other than the ones you’ve mentioned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending