The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Riverside Point

Hey. i can't really findanything on here about accomodation at riverside.
I was wondering if anyone knows much about it?
it'd be handy for me as ill be on Jubilee campus in 2009 and want en-suite / self catered.

however, as it isn't a uni hall i was wondering what the social life would be like there?
for instance would i still be viable for freshers week and that?
and would there still be a mix of people there? (i dont want to be lumped with loads of CompSci people)

Cheers.
Reply 1
I've walked past it numerous times and it looks pretty nice and modern!
Don't worry about social life, you will be with a lot of freshers and everyone will be doing the usual freshers thing, getting drunk, having fun, and whatever they generally do... Freshers week is for everybody but most notably catered towards first years rather than any other years... second/third years etc would have their returners week, whilst postgraduates would have their own postgrad week...

errr, not sure about the last question, think it all depends but im sure they'll be loads of fun.

http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/nottingham/riverside-point?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
If I'm not mistaken, riverside is mostly for postgrads not undergraduates so you might not get many freshers.
Reply 3
Where ever you end up there is an off-campus inclusion team that ensure that all freshers who live off campus can get involved.

Why are you not considering living on Jubilee Campus or in Raleigh Park or St Peter's Court which are dealt with by the university and in the area you want to be?
Reply 4
thanks everyone.
ah i was under the impression riverside would still have a fair amount of freshers? seeing as most of the self-catered accomoadtion is for both freshers and postgrads? :s-smilie:

not on jubilee because thats catered....
not raleigh because its a shared bathroom...
and st. peters court... i have no idea i kept thinking it was also shared bathroom i have no idea why!
Reply 5
You can live in halls without having to go the catered route i.e you don't have to pay for the food.
Raleigh is huge, I'm sure they've got ensuite rooms, it's like every other place, most of it is shared but you can have ensuites as well.
SPC the same thing.
I very much doubt riverside will have a fair ratio of freshers, Unite have already got SPC for that. There might be some freshers at riverside, but I doubt they'll be many.
Reply 6
Fair enough, if I was you I would check the uni's accommodation website (www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students) and see if St Peter's Court looks like something you would be interested in. There is also Manor Villages (http://www.manorvillages.co.uk) which is on Faraday Road near Raleigh Park although I don't know if they have ensuite facilities, you would need to check their site.
Reply 7
nah raleigh doesnt have en-suite. wel lthey do, but its for postgrads, not ug's =[
but if i go for catered hall i wont have an oven or anything right? just a hob or something?

yeea manor villages is shared bathroom which put me off it =/.
looking at spc now and its looks pretty good...apart from the lack of bar may be on to a winner here.

thanks for your help everyone :smile:
Reply 8
Catered halls have a kitchenette on each corridor but you can't realistically cook a proper meal in there. You usually would have a microwave, fridge and kettle. SPC, isn't that far from Raleigh which I think has a bar and Jubilee which has a few plus there is the hopper bus to Uni Park which has many many bars so don't let the lack of one on site put you off.
Reply 9
yea i had a check Raleigh has a bar :smile:.
think ill be picking SPC. might have a visit if i can get time off work.
thanks for your help boyo :smile:
Reply 10
I've just reserved a room at Unite's Riverside and I'm a first year. It is open to all students and I was of much the same opinion, that i wanted to be self catered etc, however I will using it for study on the University Park campus.
Reply 11
Just a quick clarification.

Halls on campus are ONLY available on a fully catered basis.

You CANNOT go into campus halls on a non-catered or self-catered basis.

Sutton Bonington and Melton Hall (PG only) are exempt from this, different rules apply.
Reply 12
La Trampa
You can live in halls without having to go the catered route i.e you don't have to pay for the food.

really?
but the halls / rooms don't have kitchens do they?

xxx
Reply 13
Wow old thread resurrection!

On campus (Uni park/Jubilee) catered only, unless PG student applying to Melton.
Off campus and Sutton Bonington Campus, self-catered only.
Original post by beccsa
I've just reserved a room at Unite's Riverside and I'm a first year. It is open to all students and I was of much the same opinion, that i wanted to be self catered etc, however I will using it for study on the University Park campus.

I'd like to know a little bit about your experience at Riverside since I am probably staying there and couldn't find any positive info! Thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending