The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham- St Hild and St Bede

just found out my college allocation for durham - st hild and st bede - was wondering if anyone else is the same or can tell me anything about it.
Hi there, my name is Will and I am the publicity officer for Hild Bede. First of all, congrats on getting into Durham! I have loved my time at Durham and Hild Bede over the past 3 years and I'm happy to let you know what it's like and answer any questions.
Hild Bede is a catered college located on the river and is one of the biggest colleges in Durham. There are multiple accommodation blocks across the site, with sizes ranging from between 12 and 100 people. It is approx. 10 min walk from Elvet Riverside (humanities, languages) and 15 min walk from the science site.
Hild Bede has over 30 clubs and societies, ranging from a football club with 8 teams to a cinema that puts on new films every week, so there is plenty for everyone to get involved with.
I'm happy to answer any more questions you may have!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hi what are the ‘riverside accommodations’ like - my son has been offered it at a huge discount, catered, shared bathroom - because of the conditions of the rooms - really worried, no detail about what that means?? Any ideas/experience??
Reply 3
Original post by creaghnat
Hi what are the ‘riverside accommodations’ like - my son has been offered it at a huge discount, catered, shared bathroom - because of the conditions of the rooms - really worried, no detail about what that means?? Any ideas/experience??

Does anyone have information on this? I'm in the same position - how bad are the rooms?

Quick Reply

Latest