The Student Room Group

How good looking do you think you are?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fuze-mo25
why is it ok for someone to say they look ugly or hideous ut the minute someone says they are beautiful they get negged?!!

cos they're jealous innit :wink:
Reply 781
If you saw me your eyes would pop out, not because of the beauty but because of the ugliness.. :/
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - in other words, I don't know someone would need to rate me
Original post by neom
That's stupid. It can make someone feel terrible, how do you think low self-esteem develops?
Why would you try actively lower someone's self-esteem who actually doesn't feel bad about themselves?
It's rare enough as it is!

If someone thinks they're beautiful/great/etc then good on them.

Well if they think they're beautiful and are truely confident with the way they look than why should someone on tsr stop them from feeling that way.

You can't feel truly beautiful or feel truly good looking if your going to be upset about someone's opinion on you. You're obviously not as perfect as you thought.. if you're going to get upset by a neg.. too much self esteem but no balls.

People that think they're better looking than everyone clearly have a lot of self-esteem... so I don't think a neg on a forum is going to lower anything and if it does well clearly a lot can be said.
---
So are you saying because people that think they're beautiful are getting negged, it's okay to neg someone who feels worthless.. as that is only 'fair'? WOW.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 784
Original post by hannahchan
Well if they think they're beautiful and are truely confident with the way they look than why should someone on tsr stop them from feeling that way.

You can't feel truly beautiful or feel truly good looking if your going to be upset about someone's opinion on you. You're obviously not as perfect as you thought.. if you're going to get upset by a neg.. too much self esteem but no balls.

People that think they're better looking than everyone clearly have a lot of self-esteem... so I don't think a neg on a forum is going to lower anything and if it does well clearly a lot can be said.
---
So are you saying because people that think they're beautiful are getting negged, it's okay to neg someone who feels worthless.. as that is only 'fair'? WOW.

Erm, i think you're missing the point. Where did I say it's ok for someone who's self-esteem is already low to feel even worse?

Everyone has insecurities, beautiful or not, it'd be horrible to make them feel worse because you think 'oh, she/he's good looking and they also think so, it's okay to say something mean' And I don't mean solely on a forum.

To neg or say something horrible about someone because they feel good about themselves says a lot imo
Reply 785
Original post by kevin6767
It hurts to look in the mirror :sad:

im sure u r not- when i look in the mirror, all i saw is "WAWA WIII WAA!!!"
On a scale of 1-10: -5
Original post by neom
Erm, i think you're missing the point. Where did I say it's ok for someone who's self-esteem is already low to feel even worse?

Everyone has insecurities, beautiful or not, it'd be horrible to make them feel worse because you think 'oh, she/he's good looking and they also think so, it's okay to say something mean' And I don't mean solely on a forum.

To neg or say something horrible about someone because they feel good about themselves says a lot imo

I'm not saying people shouldn't feel good about themselves.. and obviously negativity is wrong.. but I'm just saying that the original person was saying that people that think they're ugly should get negged if people that think themselves to be beautiful are to be negged too.

Why should you make someone who feels worthless feel even worse by negging them?

It's obviously sad for someone who's happy with themselves to recieve abuse.. but I don't think you understand what i'm saying. If they were truely content with the way they looked I don't think they'd care as much..

I'm not saying you should tolerate abuse when did I ever say that? I'm responding to the OP's comment which critizies the negging of people that feel good about themselves and questions why people that think they are ugly aren't negged either.
(edited 11 years ago)
On a scale of 1 to 10, am I allowed to go negative?
Original post by KillForOreos
I dig your sig (that rhymed) a lot! I'm jealous.

I think I am slightly above average, I just don't like my body, that's all.

Hahaha! fanx babe :wink:
Average.

Do you judge but self or by amount of attention you recieve, both male and female?
Original post by Just Another Student
I think people (especially good looking people) purposley underrate there looks, just so they don't look arrogant or up themselves. But hey this is a forum, and if somebody thinks your arrogant or up yourself, then you dont care...as much! So, go on be honest.

I would rate my looks as slightly above average. I always used to think I was below, but now I'm fairly confident about my looks. I'm certainly not the bees knees, and some people say I'm not there type at all, but certain girls find me attractive. Overall, I'd say I'm slightly above average. And that's not because I'm up myself, I just anaylse and observe peoples comments and reactions.

As for other aspects of a relationship I am a sensetive guy, so sadly by okay looks probably wont get me anywhere too fast. See, I just couldn't end on an arrogant note. Us Brits, ey, we dont like bragging. Poll, coming soon.

id say id probably be classed as average or nondescript, but i actually dont have any problems with the way i look.
i try to make the best of it lol.
life's too short
Reply 792
Original post by Sophie_girl
i think i'm very good looking... pretty much get compliments/stares all the time. confident and happy in my appearance :biggrin:

photo? Just because people stare at you doesn't mean you're attractive. You're prob one of these TOWIE wannabe types who thinks they're hot because they slap on loads of makeup when they're not, they're actually ordinary at best
Original post by newts2k
photo? Just because people stare at you doesn't mean you're attractive. You're prob one of these TOWIE wannabe types who thinks they're hot because they slap on loads of makeup when they're not, they're actually ordinary at best

Hater.
Reply 794
Original post by Opinionscount
Hater.

not really, I just see so many girls like that, everything from fake eyelashes to hair like that Chloe Simms girl, when the only reason people look at them is because they look ridiculous
Original post by newts2k

i'd never post a photo - i don't need validation from strangers online.

and not at all, the towie style couldn't be further from mine. as i said, compliments and stares, and general attention.

i don't understand this utterly bizarre thing of being rude and trying to insult others, when they're just happy with themselves whilst not putting anyone else down.

there's nothing wrong with going through life thinking you're attractive - why is it considered bad to feel good about yourself?

there is something wrong with being nasty and judgemental for no reason however.
Reply 796
I voted good looking, with make-up (which is generally whenever I step out in public). Without, ie au naturale, I'd say slightly below average.
Reply 797
Original post by Sophie_girl
i'd never post a photo - i don't need validation from strangers online.

and not at all, the towie style couldn't be further from mine. as i said, compliments and stares, and general attention.

i don't understand this utterly bizarre thing of being rude and trying to insult others, when they're just happy with themselves whilst not putting anyone else down.

there's nothing wrong with going through life thinking you're attractive - why is it considered bad to feel good about yourself?

there is something wrong with being nasty and judgemental for no reason however.

I'm not being judgemental, I am just saying that a lot of women are quite deluded about their attractiveness in this country. I bet you're not as perfect as you think you are
Reply 798
About average, I get a few compliments from new people but anyone who knows me from school still sees me as the fat ugly duckling and first impressions stick. So long as my boyfriend finds me beautiful I couldn't give two about what anyone else rated me as :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Human being.

Quick Reply

Latest