The Student Room Group

Hinge/Tinder

Which dating app do you prefer/which is more successful?

I'm a girl and personally I prefer hinge however it seems to not be as good as the last time I was on it. The likes run out so quickly and I don't seem to be getting as many likes as I used to. Do they do it on purpose so you buy the subscriptions?
Original post by Anonymous

I'm a girl and personally I prefer hinge however it seems to not be as good as the last time I was on it. The likes run out so quickly and I don't seem to be getting as many likes as I used to. Do they do it on purpose so you buy the subscriptions?

I get more matches from Himge tham Tinder, but both have their purposes.

In terms of likes, you would also need to look at getting likes from whom. What is the audience like and what are they looking for? Quantity is not the same thing as quality. If you're just looking for quantity irrespective of quality, then you're a problem i.e. you're just looking for attention, not a match.

Although the algorithms play things out with a certain intent in mind (i.e. to encourage you to subscribe), not all results is down to the fact they want your subscription. It could easily be that you're not being presented to certain audiences as often, or more people are swiping left on one app than the other.
Reply 2
I get more matches from Himge tham Tinder, but both have their purposes.

In terms of likes, you would also need to look at getting likes from whom. What is the audience like and what are they looking for? Quantity is not the same thing as quality. If you're just looking for quantity irrespective of quality, then you're a problem i.e. you're just looking for attention, not a match.

Although the algorithms play things out with a certain intent in mind (i.e. to encourage you to subscribe), not all results is down to the fact they want your subscription. It could easily be that you're not being presented to certain audiences as often, or more people are swiping left on one app than the other.

It seems to have fallen off a lot more since last time I was on them both about 7 months ago. I used to much prefer Hinge as I thought you would get better quality of people who were looking for something a bit more serious. Now neither seem to be any good tbh.
It depends what you are looking for and what dealbreakers you have.

Tinder is usually better for ons & fwb, as long as you have an attractive photo gallery that shows what you currently look like and an honest profile with bio that makes your dealbreakers crystal clear.
Hinge is usually good when looking for a committed relationship with the potential to continue for a few years or a long term commitment leading to cohabitation/civil partnership/marriage.
Reply 4

They do everything they can get away with to get you to pay. There's no reason not to believe that they sometimes don't let likes be sent or messages sent really. On Hinge I used to get a lot of matches as a guy when I first got premium then after a month or so it died out so bad.. even with the same profile and everything, which makes me think it's rigged.

I prefer Hinge as you can show more of your personality, and also filter out a lot of people based on what they write on their profile, I ignore anyone with basic australia/mullets/rough sundays/I'll love your dog more than you prompts.

Tinder is mostly filled with girls promoting their Instagram. Dating apps aren't that good for finding a relationship as 90% of people on there are immature as hell and full of red flags.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
I have tried Tinder in the past but not Hinge, at least a year ago now. I was trying out different apps but I only used Tinder properly and I may have signed up for Bumble but didn't use it. While people can find relationships on Tinder it's certainly not geared for it and because of how little information you can give first impressions really count. Unfortunately I'm not photogenic at all (I look better in person I think, but some people would call that copium) and didn't have any good photos of me at the time anyway, and alongside me having no idea how to write a Tinder bio I got four likes (including one from someone who I'm pretty sure was a bot) and no matches at all. Needless to say I deleted Tinder and the other dating apps I was going to sign up to.

I have friends who use Hinge (I think, they might be using Tinder or Bumble) and they seem to be doing better than me, but I haven't seen their profiles yet. They are girls, but I'm not sure how much importance that has. For me though, I'm certain any relationships in my life will start in the real world rather than online...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending