The Student Room Group

Radiography and Radiotherapy uni interviews

What questions should I prepare to be asked?
Original post by rosa_stevenson

There is some advice for prepapring for a healthcare interview here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316

Hey @rosa_stevenson

Well done on securing an interview!

Every university is different in how they interview applicants, but most will want to know your understanding of the course, the types of things you study and where it leads, so have a look through the modules on the university websites you are applying to and think about your future aims and aspirations.

At Teesside we ask our applicants some scenario based questions, so things like 'what would you do if you saw an older person confused and looking lost in the street? These questions aren't linked to the course but to get an idea of the type of person you are and how you would deal with that situation - they are normally looking for you to give examples of being caring, compassionate and being able to communicate with people. Think about the
type of skills and experience you have, and how you might be able to answer those types of questions, so what you would do, followed by an example of a time you needed to show those traits. Even if the uni's you are applying to don't ask scenario based questions (lots do!) - it's still a great way to remind yourself of examples you can give at interview.

Having a re-read of your personal statement to familiarise yourself with what you included is always a good idea.

Just remember, the interviewers are interested in you and want you to do well, so give them as much information as you can to help them make their decision.

Good luck!
Kate :smile:
What are some good questions to ask the interviewers ?
Original post by Teesside University
Hey @rosa_stevenson

Every university is different in how they interview applicants, but most will want to know your understanding of the course, the types of things you study and where it leads, so have a look through the modules on the university websites you are applying to and think about your future aims and aspirations.

At Teesside we ask our applicants some scenario based questions, so things like 'what would you do if you saw an older person confused and looking lost in the street? These questions aren't linked to the course but to get an idea of the type of person you are and how you would deal with that situation - they are normally looking for you to give examples of being caring, compassionate and being able to communicate with people. Think about the
type of skills and experience you have, and how you might be able to answer those types of questions, so what you would do, followed by an example of a time you needed to show those traits. Even if the uni's you are applying to don't ask scenario based questions (lots do!) - it's still a great way to remind yourself of examples you can give at interview.

Having a re-read of your personal statement to familiarise yourself with what you included is always a good idea.

Just remember, the interviewers are interested in you and want you to do well, so give them as much information as you can to help them make their decision.

Good luck!

Hi thank you so much Kate this is so helpful! :smile:
Hi thank you so much Kate this is so helpful! :smile:

You're very welcome :smile:
What are some good questions to ask the interviewers ?

Course details that aren't covered on the website, placement details, etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Teesside University
Hey @rosa_stevenson

Good luck!

I havent had a good experience so far applying for diagnostic radiography - had my interview last week, arrived early and 10 mins before my interview was told that i had been double booked, the main person interviewing called another colleague over to interview and had my interview - i think it went well. However i was told that i would hear back within the week and havent so i called admissions today to see if the interview notes had been sent over to them to make a decision on and they havent been. It has made me very upset and annoyed and feel that i havent been given the same opportunity as other candidates applying as i didnt have my interview with the main person interviewing and the notes havent even been submitted to the admissions team. Is there anything i can do to have this looked into as its really worrying me that due to this i might not get offered.
Original post by jm8719mor
I havent had a good experience so far applying for diagnostic radiography - had my interview last week, arrived early and 10 mins before my interview was told that i had been double booked, the main person interviewing called another colleague over to interview and had my interview - i think it went well. However i was told that i would hear back within the week and havent so i called admissions today to see if the interview notes had been sent over to them to make a decision on and they havent been. It has made me very upset and annoyed and feel that i havent been given the same opportunity as other candidates applying as i didnt have my interview with the main person interviewing and the notes havent even been submitted to the admissions team. Is there anything i can do to have this looked into as its really worrying me that due to this i might not get offered.

I would email admissions with a history of what has happended to you and ask if they can look into it for you. That way you have a written record if you need to take it further. Although you are upset the best approach is to be polite and matter of fact. If you can remember, include details of who should have and who did interview you.

[email protected]
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest