The Student Room Group
Are those the universities you have to decide between, or your top 3 for next year?
Reply 2
I'd say UCL...but it depends if you want to spend your time at uni in london, with all that that entails. As mentioned above, Warwick seems like a good course and has an excellent rep, but personallly I just don't like its location. It put me off from applying there. Edinburgh is a good university too, but UCL is more highly regarded I think. You have done really well to get offers from them all and as they are all good institutions you will probably have to closely compare the courses to make your final decision, but also weigh up the type of place ud like to live. good luck
Reply 3
yeh this is the unis i have got accepted at!

lse rejected me tho! i was soooo upset!

i thought warwick was better than ucl but yeh your right I have to seriously consider the actual courses cos I think they are all round about the same in reputation!

thanks loads babes!

nafisa
Reply 4
Just had a brief look at the staff and courses available at those three unis. From my personal point of view (having studied history for three years) Warwick and Edinburgh seemed to offer more exciting stuff, but I guess that your interests will only really develop over the course of your degree (and certainly in accordance with what your department has to offer). Overall, I'd say, all three have very good reputations. Personally, in the end, I'd probably go for Edinburgh.
Reply 5
im sooooo confused now cos at the beginning i was like warwicks sounds better than the three, and now im not too sure, some are saying ucl and some are saying edinburgh. Nobody really seems to be saying warwick, is warwick like piss easy to get into then?
Reply 6
Nafisa
im sooooo confused now cos at the beginning i was like warwicks sounds better than the three, and now im not too sure, some are saying ucl and some are saying edinburgh. Nobody really seems to be saying warwick, is warwick like piss easy to get into then?

Warwick is a very good university - probably far from piss easy to get into. In my personal preference I would rank Warwick above UCL, and it would be a tough call for me to decide between Warwick and Edinghurgh. I guess in this case (with three very good history deparments in three very different cities) it really depends on where you can see yourself living for the next three or four years.
Reply 7
Overall I would say UCL (not biased, even though I applied there). Warwick is very "trendy" and "now" at the moment though, it seems to be the place to be. Although Universities go through phases of being the one to go to, and at the moment, its Warwick, but that might change. UCL has had a great reputation for a long long time, even before Warwick was founded, as has Edignburgh. I am not attacking Warwick, its just an observation! The real decider is where you would feel more comfortable living for three years, as all three are very different places. Personally I didn't like UCL at all when I went there, and even though it has the best rep of the Unis I have got into, the "feel" of the places is more important to me. I am sure (if you havent visited the yet) you will know which one is for you when you visit them! Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I really don't think UCL and Edinburgh can be compared with Warwick overall. Certainly UCL can't. I was a graduate student at UCL for two years and now at Warwick. It just seems to me that people who try to convince us otherwise have never actually been to Warwick! (Hence their judgement is arbitrary) And Edinburgh is way below in the league tables. Conclusion: If I were I you, I'd definitely choose Warwick. This is the university not only of the present but also of the future.

Latest

Trending

Trending