The Student Room Group

why average salary is lower for some graduates

so im trying to pick a insurance uni and i was leaning towards cardiff for the city but on discover uni it shows average earnings for 15 months after the course for biosciences graduates at cardiff university is £23500 whereas warwick it's £28000 so now i can't make up my mind ! i know warwick is ranked as a 'better' uni but does anyone know if there is any other reason for this and why warwick graduates earn more?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by astrostial
so im trying to pick a insurance uni and i was leaning towards cardiff for the city but on discover uni it shows average earnings for 15 months after the course for biosciences graduates at cardiff university is £23500 whereas warwick it's £28000 so now i can't mak eup my mind ! i know warwick is ranked as a 'better' uni but does anyone know if there is any other reason for this and why warwick graduates earn more?

Warwick is a better and much more desirable uni for candidates therefore its harder to get in which leads to Warwick having better students overall with better grades and with the good teaching at Warwick it leads to them being better developed therefore more attractive to employers so they can get the better grad jobs which ultimately pay more
Reply 2
Original post by user123456324
Warwick is a better and much more desirable uni for candidates therefore its harder to get in which leads to Warwick having better students overall with better grades and with the good teaching at Warwick it leads to them being better developed therefore more attractive to employers so they can get the better grad jobs which ultimately pay more

okay thank you :smile: would it make more sense to put warwick as my insurance instead of cardiff if it's the better uni, i know it's ultimately up to me but im being very indecisive sorry ! it is more logical to pick a higher ranked uni like warwick than staying at a nicer city like cardiff even if they're both russell groups ?
Original post by astrostial
okay thank you :smile: would it make more sense to put warwick as my insurance instead of cardiff if it's the better uni, i know it's ultimately up to me but im being very indecisive sorry ! it is more logical to pick a higher ranked uni like warwick than staying at a nicer city like cardiff even if they're both russell groups ?

yeah if you dont mind about any other factors or differences between the unis then go for warwick as it is better. but bear in mind its your insurance so it should have offer requirements that you are sure you will achieve
Reply 4
Hello
Reply 5
I would also say that difficulty in collecting reliable statistics and in proving a causal relationship make this comparison questionable. Choose the uni that appeals to you most, work hard, get a good degree and you’ll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending