The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Imperial has a no retake policy I believe. Check on the admissions page or email them.
perhaps, but they dont like retakes. However imo it shows you tried and want to achieve
Depends what you want to do at Imperial/Oxbridge to be honest.
My offer from Imperial specifices no retakes.
Reply 5
If it is for a Maths degree then you need an A in all Maths modules without resits for Imperial.
Reply 6
I dont think soo.. but it depends on the course tbh.. imperial has a no retake policy
Reply 7
My friend got an offer from Cambridge for engineering despite retaking some maths modules. Look on the website/e-mail the admissions tutor to get an answer. They will know better than anyone on Tsr.
Reply 8
josht111
Its frowned upon. Apparently my Cambridge rejection was due to me re-sitting C1 and C2. :frown:

Did they actually tell you that? I got an offer even though I got a C in one of my Biology modules and said I was planning to resit...Maybe the college I applied to is more lenient (sp?) about resits though...
Reply 9
I got an offer retaking modules from another subject.
Reply 10
Thank you very much for the information
Reply 11
Whats Happens if you get a B in one of the Modules? Surely they would rather a Resit with an A or 100% than a B in one of the Modulues?

I know they want people to get it straight away but surely they must make some exceptions?

Just a thought...:biggrin:
Reply 12
SoapyDish
Did they actually tell you that? I got an offer even though I got a C in one of my Biology modules and said I was planning to resit...Maybe the college I applied to is more lenient (sp?) about resits though...

Perhaps. Well my rejection letter was extremely brief, so having my Oxbridge hopes crushed in an instant, I set about finding out why, asking various academics, admissions tutors, teachers, friends, TSRinianis etc etc. Some said it was my B in phy but most said it was the initial low UMS in C1 and C2 and the plans to re-sit. It was for Churchill btw.
Reply 13
josht111
Perhaps. Well my rejection letter was extremely brief, so having my Oxbridge hopes crushed in an instant, I set about finding out why, asking various academics, admissions tutors, teachers, friends, TSRinianis etc etc. Some said it was my B in phy but most said it was the initial low UMS in C1 and C2 and the plans to re-sit. It was for Churchill btw.

You could always request feedback
Reply 14
SimonM
You could always request feedback

Hmm. My letter was adamant that they would be unable to provide feedback. Such is life, I'm sure i'll be happy at Notts anyhow.
Reply 15
josht111
Hmm. My letter was adamant that they would be unable to provide feedback. Such is life, I'm sure i'll be happy at Notts anyhow.

That seems odd. Both Oxford and Cambridge as far as I'm aware offer feedback to your school if they request it.
hykim1
Imperial has a no retake policy I believe. Check on the admissions page or email them.

Whaaat, are you serious?
josht111

So, all speculative then?
Reply 18
BrightGirl
Whaaat, are you serious?

Don't know about other subjects, for maths it's true though:

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/mathematics/admissions/ug/entry_requirements

Students will be expected to gain A grades in all modules in both Mathematics and Further Mathematics. Re-sits will not be accepted.
Reply 19
...bored
I would like to retake my c1 exam this june as i believe i did not do well. Could i still go to top universties with a resited module

Should be fine, except with unis where retakes are specifically not allowed. Make sure that you can do better in it, though. If you retake it and it only goes up 5 UMS, it's not really worth it, but if it goes up significantly then it demonstrates that your knowledge has improved.

I resat C1 anyway. Went from 86 to 98 :cool:

Latest