The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Alarm with a snooze button

I then watch TV a bit to wake me up

A shower is also good if you want to wake up fully rather than be a zombie for the rest of the day :smile:
When my alarm goes off my dog barks until I get up and switch it off, and generally if I roll back over he'll bark until I get up! Annoying however, if I forgot to switch my alarm off and it goes off when I don't need it to! I don't always hear my alarm, but his barking always gets me up! :laughing:
Alarm and will power.

Do you still find it hard to get up when it's something important? The other day I woke up at 0545 for a job interview despite going to bed at 1am (my normal bedtime). As soon as my alarm went off I got out of bed cos I knew it was important. This is a lot harder when I am just waking up for lectures... an extra 5 mins in bed is the most important thing in the world.
I set an alarm and i literally do drag myself out of bed if i have to get up at 5ish but i usually wake up around 8 because a small brown furry alarm clock wants her breakfast and a walk and wont stop woofing until she has had it.
Who needs an alarm clock when you have a sausage dog!

I also find going to bed around 10/11ish helps
CHAMON
You sleep for hours do you?

I can't even sleep much when I was jet lagged. I'm a bit like Maggie, she only needs about three hours of kip. We cleveruns roll this way.

I can do sometimes due to laziness, but if I have to be up I'm up, I don't make excuses and cancel appointments etc. It would be nice to be able to get up at a reasonable time even when I have nothing on that day just so that I can feel that I'm not wasting the day.
Reply 45
Well cups of tea are amazing.
Venom123
I can't for the life of me get up early, even with the use of alarms.

I still depend on my mother waking me up :p:

how do you lot, manage to wake up, say you wanted to wake up at 5am...

Cheers

I was exactly like this until about 3 weeks ago when my parents had a go at me for never getting up on my own and since then I've woken up to my first (of 4 lol) alarm every day!
Reply 47
Set 5 alarms on my phone, 10minute intervals, and 2 main alarms on my clock radio. Still dependant on them!!! Its hard to get up early
Reply 48
Meekle72
This :yep:

So... very... tired...
Reply 49
i dont sleep, because sleep is the cousin of death
NW8_SW1_EC3
Set your alarm and place it so that you'll have to get out of bed to turn it off. Following this, a big mug of coffee.

I tried that once and i got up turned the alarm of and went straight back to bed.
Reply 51
I also have to resort to my mum. Whatever alarm goes off I switch it off and nod off to sleep again without even realising it. There just seems to be no way unless my brother pours a bucket of cold water over me again.
I routinely get up at 6am for work. I try not to go to bed toooooo late, and I set two or three alarms with different noises. I also try and place at least one of the alarms far enough away from me that I'll need to leave the bed to shut it off. As soon as I wake up, I try and put BBC News on and push the covers off.

If on occasion I have to get up earlier, or for some reason I haven't been able to get to bed by 2/3am and I'm concerned I won't wake up, I just stay up all night.

Latest

Trending

Trending