The Student Room Group

Working in a school

I work in a school and when I'm there (everyday in the week) I love it. But if I have any extended time off-like the last 2 bank holidays or half-terms, I'd rather do anything else than go back. Do other people feel like this?
Hi! I think it's pretty normal to feel this way. One of my colleagues just had a week off and said the very same thing. As much as he loves his job, the thought of coming back into work was a bit of a downer as he's gotten used to the freedom of doing what he wanted when he wanted. It might vary depending on what you do in your time off, but if you aim to keep a similar timetable and keep active with plenty of outdoor time, then it should be easier to slot back into work. Hope you have a good day and rest of the week too! :smile:
Hi there!

I've been in a school for my second year placement and relate to this. I agree that it is a common feeling, as despite loving every second of the experience when I am at school, I found myself desperate for a break especially after a long week. I think part of it is how school is wonderful, but waking up early, travelling and spending hours planning can be very draining, so our minds may associate this with being at school itself. It's not that I didn't want to get back into the classroom, it's that I was tired. So, I had to remind myself that waking up early and planning late at night were just small sacrifices to make for the joys of the job.

I hope you keep enjoying work and have a lovely weekend! :smile:

Rachel
York St John Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending