The Student Room Group

Where did you work for work experience whilst at Secondary school?

Scroll to see replies

Worked in a summer school teaching English as a second language for a few months. Also had a rather unimpressive 10 day stint in a patisserie :p:
Reply 41
Future Doc
Forensic Lab in Bridgwater. Had a CSI phase :P

wow:smile:
That sounds cool:rolleyes:
I'm still going through my CSI phase
A 'womens centre'. Was pretty boring, and horrible when all these women came in crying and beaten up and whatever.
Got to open all their post though :cool:
Reply 43
I went and worked as a primary school teacher assistant at my middle school, x
The Army= No.1 (Household Division) Army Youth Team.. It was a great 2-week resedential trip in Pirbright, Surrey. We somewhat experianced life as a soldier at camp. e.g. involved assault courses, team building exercises, command tasks and drills. We even had a shot at some of the elements of the basic training test, which i narrowly passed. Greatest bit was hanging around with a few of the soldiers. Great experiance.
Reply 45
2 weeks at a health centre..
Reply 46
2 weeks at a pre-school is was great :biggrin:
1 week at a theatre. Was already involved at that theatre anyway so I got to do better stuff compared to the other work experience people there :biggrin:
sk:n
wow:smile:
That sounds cool:rolleyes:
I'm still going through my CSI phase

It was good and I really enjoyed it but it was nothing like any of TV shows. Purely lab work and it was in fact SOCO (Scene of Crime Officer) that actually collected the evidence while it was Special Constables that pieced the evidence together and solved the case.

It depends which aspect of the phase you are loving. I really liked the wierd hours and going on scene aspect cause I hate the idea of an office/lab job. It's why being a doctor has always appealed to me.
Reply 49
I love the whole flashbacks and "trying to make a story" thing...of CSI that is
In yr10 for "take your daughter to work day" I spent a day at the secondary school my mum works at. Was quite fun, made friends with the girls, but it was a long day- 8am-8pm as I had to stay afterwards for parents evening.
In yr11 I spent a week and two days at a charity which was rather dull. I spent most of the time packing boxes for this charity bike ride they were organising.
Currently just about to send letters off to three Lords and MP in the hope of getting some politically related work experience.
i did mine at KPMG some accounting firm
sk:n
I love the whole flashbacks and "trying to make a story" thing...of CSI that is

I've got a mate who's in his last year of a Forensic Chemistry degree. He already a police officer but is currently in the process of becoming a Special Officer cause he loves the whole CSI stuff.
Year 09: Internet Cafe
Year 10: Mako Global Derivatives
Year 12: BCG
Reply 54
3 weeks at a nature reserve which was great. I volunteered there in the summer afterwards and did it for my duke of edinburgh service. I did really varied work there, so it didnt really get boring.
Reply 55
I never got any work experience sorted out :biggrin: I had to go to school for a week instead, but we didn't really do any work. My sisters going to the local craft shop this year.
Reply 56
i did 2 chemists, cuz i wanna be 1
A week at a Fitness First gym.

I got a free class everyday; didn't complain.
A week at The Bristol, a golf club holding functions like Weddings, private dining, Conferences, etc.
Loved it, that place really gets under your skin.
I've been there three years now and I'm in training to become a Duty Manager :smile:
2 weeks at body shop(july 2005) it was boring and interesting at the same time. My mates worked in shops in the highstreet ,so that was fun. Also I got gifts at the end ,but my last day was especially interesting when this crazy women just started kicking off in the middle of shop! she kept saying that she hated george bush and tony blair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending