The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes.
Yes you can drink it. When I was a kid and had baths (as opposed to showers) I used to drink the water from the cold bath tap, it's fine.
If I'm thirsty in the morning, I'll often just drink directly from the shower

and then piss in it
Of course. It's just water. Never taken a drink after brushing your teeth?
Reply 5
Mrgd291190
Of course. It's just water. Never taken a drink after brushing your teeth?

Nope :unsure: :no:
el scorcho
If I'm thirsty in the morning, I'll often just drink directly from the shower

and then piss in it

Aye I never bother with the toilet in the morning either, I just piss in the shower. Too cold in the morning to stand around urinating in our bathroom anyway. Let the gentle caress of the shower wash the morning harvest away
Age_of_Innocence
Aye I never bother with the toilet in the morning either, I just piss in the shower. Too cold in the morning to stand around urinating in our bathroom anyway. Let the gentle caress of the shower wash the morning harvest away

beautifully put, my friend
Reply 8
It's the same water that goes into the kitchen taps, and it even flushes the toilet.
The only worry you have is if the piping is old or something, but I have a sink in my room here at uni and drink from it.
Reply 9
The reason you shouldn't is because bathroom water comes from a different tank than kitchen water. It's stored in the attic, and things can get into it. We had rats lift the lid off ours and drink from the water.
Reply 10
she
The reason you shouldn't is because bathroom water comes from a different tank than kitchen water. It's stored in the attic, and things can get into it. We had rats lift the lid off ours and drink from the water.

And I was just about to take that next step and have a sip of bathroom water.... :eek3:
The water from the bathroom taps in my house tastes like antiseptic. I'm assured it's safe but I don't like to drink it just in case.
Reply 12
My view is that, if there's a tank in the loft storing cold water, then it's not the best idea as the water might have been sitting there for a while. If all the water in the house is fed directly from the mains, then there shouldn't be any problem.

That said, even though I've not lived in a house with a tank for years, I still don't like to drink from the bathroom tap.
Reply 13
Mithent
My view is that, if there's a tank in the loft storing cold water, then it's not the best idea as the water might have been sitting there for a while. If all the water in the house is fed directly from the mains, then there shouldn't be any problem.

That said, even though I've not lived in a house with a tank for years, I still don't like to drink from the bathroom tap.

Exactly. And we have a rat infestation on my street. The houses are terraced and the rats travel from balcony to balcony, living in the walls of the house. And they drink from the attic water :woo:
I all depends if your bathroom water comes from a storage tank or the mains. If the latter then yes feel free to drink it, but never drink it from a storage tank like the one in your attick. I can drink it in my house but couldnt in my old house.,
no...never, i always feel bathroom water is dirty, even though i rinse my mouth out with it, lol.
i always thought u couldnt. im surprised that you can. but still i dont know seems dirty to me
yes some tanks take their bathroom water from a storage tank, in which case you're best not to
Reply 18
It depends on where your water comes from - in my house it comes from a tank so it's unsafe to drink. I'd never want to drink water from anywhere other than the kitchen sink in any place though. It'd feel icky drinking from the bathroom! The tap would have...particles on it.
Reply 19
The kitchen is all the way downstairs, bathroom is next to my room. I cant be bothered to walk the extra distance so always get a drink from the bathroom, and I am still here to tell the story. I guess if i had rats or something it would put me off though :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending