The Student Room Group

BAE Systems Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
bob2008uk
1 more week until i find out if i've got it, i'm so nervous. I seriously don't know what i'm gonna do if i don't get this, all the other engineering jobs i've applied for have turned me down because i've not got enough experience.

If you are leaving school, have you not got a college place in reserve?

If you are leaving college, finding a job at the moment could be tough - but keep trying if you don't get this position. (Have you checked the government's apprenticeship website for local vacancies?)
Reply 21
i've been out of college for a few years, i'm on a long break from uni, the guys at bae suggested doing the apprentiship at one ofd thier recruitment events
Reply 22
i think i talked a lot of nervous chatter.. they were so cool and I seeed to be well out, i dunno still dont wnat to find out but will keep you posted
Reply 23
i was very nervous at mine, i think i impressed them though with my project and some of my answers, fingers crossed now, not long left till they tell us
Reply 24
good luck!
Reply 25
Don't suppose anyone has heard anythin yet. Hoping not coz i've not done yet
Reply 26
na nothing yet... gonna give em a dead line in my own mind and if i dont hear ill ring them. it might be they are still interviewing/reviewing/ geting refrences for some applicants, and im thinking it could be quite a lengthy process epecially if some people have rescheduled their interviews and what not. theyv got to give everybody a fair chance. i hope they let us know either way and not just "not" get back to you if you don't get a placement!!
Reply 27
I hate not knowing and having to wait, Just hope its good news coz don't know what i'll do if i don't get it. It ul be back to sqaure one. oh well, got no choice but wait. Good luck
Reply 28
aww yea i know the anticipation is killin me as well but probably more so cos we kno the competition is tough and its such a great place to work for. good luck to you to, fingers crossed :-)
Reply 29
ill tell you what else is killin me, having to work in a supermarket for what I can only describe as inberceals lol. i left half n hour early yesterday cos i have a life and got up at 6am, and was finished well before 9pm (when I was due on till) so i was leaving when i got collered by Mark, this new assistant manager who looks about 30 but is actually 22, and told off. he wants to "have a word" with me today about it cos i told him i didnt like working late shifts. Theyr'e not really bothered if we leave early, but I know he just likes to feel like he's got status. He once told me to do an extra job which meant I had to rush and seen as I was on my own, he knew that, and then told me to "leave" my department unaided and go on checkouts. When questioned him and told him I was too busy and couldn't they recruit someone else, he sais, "You will go on there and do as I say." Well i went but what a farce! Dear me. We call him mono because he speaks in a monotone and looks like he's been up on his playstation all night, or something, and doesnt like working. Anyway, im off there now and just thought id try and llighten your spirits! Keep trying is what im trying to say and if you dot get this, at least you cant end up like him. I checked out this website vinspired.com. If you've got some time on your hands it might not hurt to do a bit of volunteer work and perhaps get into the sector you want to be. Sometimes it really is who you know, not what you know. Id love to get out and about doing something towards my goal, but I work 6 days a week and finding the time could be near to impossible! Good luck again, i really have to go now, got work to get to.. best wishes.
Reply 30
i don't know about other sites but warton applicants hear about the outcome this week. if its anything like the outcome of the test they won't let us know until friday afternoon. they don't ask for charactor references until they do all the security checks so don't worry if anyone who you have asked to do them havn't recieved anything from bae.

i just want to hear now, i've got my GCSE/OND/HND certificates scanned ready to send when they ask me for them. the wait is killin me lol
Reply 31
Someones interview obviousley went really well to make a bold statement like "when they ask for them". I got my email after my test first thing monday morning and thought this would be the same, Suspense is killin me.
Reply 32
Yes, Warton is this week.

All other sites likely to be about 4 weeks after interview.

I heard yesterday - not good news, but thankfully just before the interview I was offered a better position!
Reply 33
Sorry to hear that mate but better position is good, nice one. How you find out, Phone or email? Was you business? do you know if all business found out yesterday??
Reply 34
DTM84
Sorry to hear that mate but better position is good, nice one. How you find out, Phone or email? Was you business? do you know if all business found out yesterday??

Email for Business at Warton.

No idea if all business found out yesterday - gutted I didn't get it, even though I would have probably turned down (I just feel I failed the interview!)
Reply 35
how did you think you came across on the interview. it was quite hard to read there expressions but i feel that i impressed them at some points
Reply 36
sorry to hear that too adzha - but well done for getting something else! You win some and you lose some :-) Well i guess thats better news for me anyway about the 4 weeks, I wasnt applying for business either so thats better news, still gotta wait tho grrr!! Im like you dtm, i kno my heart will sink like a brick in a swimming pool lol so still fingers x'd for the rest of us!
Reply 37
bob2008uk
how did you think you came across on the interview. it was quite hard to read there expressions but i feel that i impressed them at some points

I can normally tell when i've had a good interview but the guy that interviewed me from the training centre had no expression what so ever so i really don't know.
Fingers crossed, just hope they saw something they liked and will offer me an oppurtunity.
Reply 38
I had two people interviewing me and iv already said that i thort i just rambled nervous ramble at them so im hoping i said something of value too so we will just see. My friend told me to shoot for the moon because even if i didnt get there id land amongst the stars! I can smell the cheese wafting off that saying fom here lol but i like it haha. i think perhaps my coordinates were a bit out on the day and i wasnt sure if the guys were smiling at my enthusism or laughing at it, so my glass stays half empty until i kno the result for sure. I can tell you that I met this guy the other day who was also applying for apprenticeships here there and everywhere. He had done an engineering nvq at cadets and something to do with aerospace engineering so i asked him if he'd applied to a few places "Yeah loads". I then asked him if he'd tried BAE I know a few people who go to cadets and someone who teaches there so I know a bit about what he gets up to."Yeah" Have you heard anything? "No". that was it. He didn't seem in any way willing to elaborate and as much as I wanted to ask him more questions I felt I was maybe making him feel uncomfortable so i gave it up. I wouldnt like to make assumptions but if there are applicants that take that sort of attitude to interviews then there could be a chance for us yet? He seemed to be a bright kid but you do have to have a bit of enthusiasm dont you? I think the fact that you were aware of how the interviewer was towards you means you at least have some heart in this. If I were an interviewer and I was looking for good qualities, that would be one.
Reply 39
bob2008uk
i don't know about other sites but warton applicants hear about the outcome this week. if its anything like the outcome of the test they won't let us know until friday afternoon. they don't ask for charactor references until they do all the security checks so don't worry if anyone who you have asked to do them havn't recieved anything from bae.

i just want to hear now, i've got my GCSE/OND/HND certificates scanned ready to send when they ask me for them. the wait is killin me lol

urm. you say the outcome of the tests on friday? I got an email before i got the one for the interview mentioning that they hadnt got all the test results back yet and they would be back in touch so i kinda assumed they only interviewed the ppl who passed but i could be totally wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending