The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Sorry :redface: it was just that I was on hold for about 30 minutes only to be told that who I'd got through to 'wasn't an IT person' so they couldn't even help me... wasn't best pleased, haha.
Reply 581
does anyone know wich university I have to put in me EU9N application ?
The firm or the insurrance ?
Reply 582
firm
woohoo! After a month of waiting my application is finally waiting to be assessed!!!!!

(sarcasm)

I'm just so glad that i'm definetly going to the university I put on my application (i'm unconditional). Last year I got into my insurance so had to fill in a form to change institution. You would think this wouldn't take long because all they have to do is pay the tuition fee to a different university. I sent it in august a couple of days after results day and it never got sorted out until the end of October and that was when my LEA was sorting it out. I can only imagine how bad it's going to be this year.
musicalxoverdose
Yeah it does that when you join up for some reason, I had to phone them. Can't you use the last option on the answer machine thing that allows you to talk to someone without typing in your details... unless it's been changed since feburary.

Thanks, I'm glad it wasn't just me it's doing it to. I'll try that now! I so need to get it sorted!
To get through to a person I just keep pressing the hash key. Apparently entering a PIN number won't work until you've been assessed and through the system.
If both mine and my parents accounts say assessed does that mean I'll hear something firm on my finance soon?
Reply 587
OMG, how much longer?!

I have been waiting since 8th of February and my application is still awaiting approval!
I'm starting to panic about my application.

When I applied, I thought my parents might earn under the limit to be means assessed and so ticked this box for them to support my application.

Afterwards, I found out they earn over the threshold and so edited my application to apply just for the basic loans for tuiton and maintenance.

Was told to give in my passport details which I did and all this was back in April, but the website is still showing that I have further information to provide relating to my eligibility.

I had an email today saying I had to urgently submit supporting evidence... what do I do!?

On my application summary thing - it even says

"We are not expecting any evidence from you"

ARGH!
Reply 589
KaramelRose
I'm starting to panic about my application.

When I applied, I thought my parents might earn under the limit to be means assessed and so ticked this box for them to support my application.

Afterwards, I found out they earn over the threshold and so edited my application to apply just for the basic loans for tuiton and maintenance.

Was told to give in my passport details which I did and all this was back in April, but the website is still showing that I have further information to provide relating to my eligibility.

I had an email today saying I had to urgently submit supporting evidence... what do I do!?

On my application summary thing - it even says

"We are not expecting any evidence from you"

ARGH!

the exact same thing has happened to me - i have no idea what they want. i might give it another week and then ring them up and see what's going on but it is getting to a ridiculous point now - i sent the form off 3 months ago and all i keep getting are these stupid error messages
kc91
the exact same thing has happened to me - i have no idea what they want. i might give it another week and then ring them up and see what's going on but it is getting to a ridiculous point now - i sent the form off 3 months ago and all i keep getting are these stupid error messages

I may give them a ring in a minute, although from what I've heard, they can keep you on hold for AGES and don't want to waste my whole lunch hour so may do it at the weekend. I'll keep you updated!
What happens if I end up going to my insurance? Since I put down my firm on the application, would I have to apply all over again?
Reply 592
No it all transfers automatically.
Just thought I'd let people know that the 6 weeks for assessment thing doesn't seem to be standing anymore. They just said in an email that "Applications can take 8-12 weeks to be fully assessed from when all documents have been received", which would explain why I've been waiting for so bloody long...
Well I sent all my stuff off the other day by 1st class mail.
Status is now "Awaiting further information".
Is that where most people are up to? or is everyones "Awaiting approval"
Does it change to that when they receive the evidence i've sent them?
Reply 595
Jozaphinee
Well I sent all my stuff off the other day by 1st class mail.
Status is now "Awaiting further information".
Is that where most people are up to? or is everyones "Awaiting approval"
Does it change to that when they receive the evidence i've sent them?

I sent mine off 3 weeks ago and it still says that even though they've returned some of it. They're about 8 weeks behind so I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon
Reply 596
They returned mty step dads payslip, so now its been scanned, I dont think it should take much longer. Still says 'Awaiting futher information' though.
If you've physically send the application form, how can you track it via internet? Or am i being stupid now:s-smilie:
Reply 598
Jaydiee
Did anyone, like myself, stupidly fill in everything on the internet, and then when the forms came through to sign it said that I hadn't requested the loan (apparently I pressed the 'no' button)
I had trouble logging in before that and had to phone them. So now I have to send off paper forms, even though non-income assessed should have been completed by 26th April.
Is it me or do they all sound a bit like they dont know what they're doing on the phone, my friend said this as well. It would have been so much easier for everyone to just fill out a form as they wouldn't have been affected by technological difficulties!

GRRRRR

I have had EXACTLY the same problem!! Did everything on the internet with mum beside me to check it was all okay and now I have had a letter back saying that I have requested no maintenance loan and no tuition loan!!! Has it occurred to them that if that was the case I wouldn't have bothered filling in an application, would I? I phoned and they said to fill in the forms they had sent me but now I've had another letter saying that I didn't sign a declaration for the original application (for £0). They seem to have ignored the second form. The people at the end of the phone seem to be clueless too! This is turning into a nightmare.:eek3: And at the moment I have no finance!!
I could really do without all this strsss in the middle of my exams. Now I have to ring again when I should be revising. I havte the student loan company!
BTW I did not press the 'no' button as that would be stupid. I know that I pressed 'yes' for both!
Reply 599
Goedel
I have had EXACTLY the same problem!! Did everything on the internet with mum beside me to check it was all okay and now I have had a letter back saying that I have requested no maintenance loan and no tuition loan!!! Has it occurred to them that if that was the case I wouldn't have bothered filling in an application, would I? I phoned and they said to fill in the forms they had sent me but now I've had another letter saying that I didn't sign a declaration for the original application (for £0). They seem to have ignored the second form. The people at the end of the phone seem to be clueless too! This is turning into a nightmare.:eek3: And at the moment I have no finance!!
I could really do without all this strsss in the middle of my exams. Now I have to ring again when I should be revising. I havte the student loan company!
BTW I did not press the 'no' button as that would be stupid. I know that I pressed 'yes' for both!

Yep, I have no finance at the moment either. It's stupid. I'm pretty sure I didn't press the 'no' button as well.
I sent off the forms and, like you, received a second letter saying I hadn't signed the declaration form. So I rang up and he said they'd only received my forms that day and that they'd send out a new declaration form for me to sign to get my finance......
Considering he said they had a bit of backlog with the forms and that I phoned about 2 weeks ago, I am still yet to receive this new declaration form to sign.
If I didn't want any finance then I wouldnt have signed up. The system is stupid. They should put everyone down for finance and those who DONT WANT IT should contact them. Much less hassle. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending