Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pendroons)
    Noones answered the question thats been posted a few times...

Can you only apply for student finance after you've chosen your firm and insurance????????
    I don't know :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pendroons)
    Noones answered the question thats been posted a few times...

Can you only apply for student finance after you've chosen your firm and insurance????????
    No, you can do it now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I've obviously put I didn't want my application to be income assessed somewhere... is there any way to edit this?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just so people know, its easier to do it by paper instead of online.
    And here comes a 40 pages form to be filled in with lots of messing about with passports (am off on holiday so they best not lose it).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrahamFromJeremyKyle)
    Okay, so I've obviously put I didn't want my application to be income assessed somewhere... is there any way to edit this?
    At the end - as long as you haven't submitted - and you go into My Account it comes up with the application and a list of things you've completed, like the first one is Elegibilty something. Click on these and you can then Edit (bottom right of the new page once clicked)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Sooooo... it asks me about taxable unearned income such as interest from building societies and stuff... how do i find out the exact amount? how do i know if its been taxed? ive been 18 for 4 months! lol. Soooooo madly confused...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthala)
    At the end - as long as you haven't submitted - and you go into My Account it comes up with the application and a list of things you've completed, like the first one is Elegibilty something. Click on these and you can then Edit (bottom right of the new page once clicked)
    It appears I've submitted it... hrmm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    Thanks Sooooo... it asks me about taxable unearned income such as interest from building societies and stuff... how do i find out the exact amount? how do i know if its been taxed? ive been 18 for 4 months! lol. Soooooo madly confused...
    Interest from savings and current accounts. Do you have savings or not? If not just put £0. Interest from current accounts is so negilible no-one will care.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrahamFromJeremyKyle)
    It appears I've submitted it... hrmm
    lol lame. Phone them up on Monday or Tuesday (although expect a nice long wait!)

Sometimes they have an online thingy ma bob which you can talk to someone about stuff.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have interest in a savings account with national savings however its currently in the process of being shoved into a Cash ISA ... complicated lol. Are you sure its okay to not include interest from current accounts? And all this interest business... do you only include it since you have been 18 , as your only eligible to be taxed from the age of 18? Sorry if im talking crap!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have interest in a savings account with national savings however its currently in the process of being shoved into a Cash ISA ... complicated lol. Are you sure its okay to not include interest from current accounts? And all this interest business... do you only include it since you have been 18 , as your only eligible to be taxed from the age of 18? Sorry if im talking crap!
    You can be taxed before you're 18.

Well just put an approximate value of the interest you've earnt from those savings over the last year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthala)
    You can be taxed before you're 18.

Well just put an approximate value of the interest you've earnt from those savings over the last year.
    I dont have a clue , the interest rate for the account changed from 3.6 % to 0.10% and lots of variations inbetween, and well... I'm confused and i will shut up now cos I guess im confusing people
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont have a clue , the interest rate for the account changed from 3.6 % to 0.10% and lots of variations inbetween, and well... I'm confused and i will shut up now cos I guess im confusing people
    Do you have a savings account? NOT a regular bank account, a specific savings one?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm registering and already confused... On the first bit (terrible of me, I know) when it says 'are you registering to:" which one do you pick?

Edit: I'm sorry if that's already been covered, I'm feeling a little lazy today and that's alot to go through! Forgive me XD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    Do you have a savings account? NOT a regular bank account, a specific savings one?

Yup its a specific savings account
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yup its a specific savings account
    So just work out the interest on it and put that down.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol, the site just crashed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Lol, the site just crashed.

yupppp... happened to me too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natsuko)
    I'm registering and already confused... On the first bit (terrible of me, I know) when it says 'are you registering to:" which one do you pick?

Edit: I'm sorry if that's already been covered, I'm feeling a little lazy today and that's alot to go through! Forgive me XD
    Pick the first option.
    The second option is for parents/carers
    The third option is for someone who is a parent, but also is applying to student finance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EagleHawk)
    Pick the first option.
    The second option is for parents/carers
    The third option is for someone who is a parent, but also is applying to student finance.
    Thank-you very much!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 21, 2014
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.