The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

BioSam
All my payments are sorted now - grants and full loans - and all approved. Am I sorted now or do I have to sign another declaration? Because if I do that's annoying cos I'm at uni now and the dec. will go to home address.

Don't think there's anything left to do - got mine completed at the end of august and haven't signed anything afterwards. You just have to wait for the notification letter and the payment schedule letter so you can take to your uni for enrolement just to prove you've got your tuition fees sorted (atleast I have to take mine into uni with me).

Nothing else left to sign. Its all done now.
:yy:
Thanks medicine man!

I wont bother ringing up SFE, i enroll monday so that probs is half the reason. I rang up uni and they said just bring in a letter saying that it approved and they will accept it as i wont be at home to receive my payment schedule letter
Reply 1582
my status has changed to "assessed" now, so what come next???
sent my Change of circumstances form in a month ago and just called them and they haven't got it.

what a great system eh?

start university on monday so god knows whats going to happen now.
El Torres
sent my Change of circumstances form in a month ago and just called them and they haven't got it.

what a great system eh?

start university on monday so god knows whats going to happen now.

they've got my change of circumstances form :smile: .... three of them lol .. they kept telling me they never got them and now they have three of the same thing lol

they received my declaration today and i start uni on monday so there's no way im going to get my payment schedule letter on time. thankfully the uni told me i could just bring in my final assessent letter in and that'll do :smile:
i'm seriously considering sending about 50 copies of that form.
xxkikixx

If they've got all they need, it will change to Approved. If not, they may ask you to sign something or send more documentation, then it will change to this accordingly.

Just to let you all know, I called SFE at 8.30 this morning as was only waiting for 14 minutes. And, they were helpful, really.
My application status on my account says 'approved - awaiting signature', but they've only sent me the non income assessed letter, I'm still waiting for the income assessed. Should it still say 'approved'? I'm worried they're just not going to take the income assessed bit into account!
it will, they always send non income assessed letter first because its easier, it means they can send it to everyone rather than creating more work. after that they will send out the income assessed letters, took a while for mine to arrive and it was the wrong one.
El Torres
it will, they always send non income assessed letter first because its easier, it means they can send it to everyone rather than creating more work. after that they will send out the income assessed letters, took a while for mine to arrive and it was the wrong one.

lol

i got a non-income assessed letter ... waiting for my income-assessed letter.... SFE tells me to wait about 3 weeks after I enroll ¬¬
My status for loan and grant states - submitted. I take it they've sent it to the bank then for payment?
xxkikixx

I'm in the same position. I've been assessed by my LEA (I'm a returning student) and have been sent a declaration to sign and return, which I have done. I then went from "Approved- Awaiting Signature" to "Assessed" and when I click for further info it tells me that my application is being assessed (again?!) :s-smilie:

Not quite sure what to make of it but hopefully it will change to Approved soon!
You know when you finally get your status 'approved', is there any way to view what you're actually going to recieve money-wise online?
aliphatic
You know when you finally get your status 'approved', is there any way to view what you're actually going to recieve money-wise online?

click on your application and click "view entitlement" ... and didnt you receive a letter telling how much you get?
spikeeleon
click on your application and click "view entitlement" ... and didnt you receive a letter telling how much you get?

Whenever I click that, it just says

'Have you started an undergraduate course of Higher Education in any country since leaving school? Tick 'Yes' even if you did not complete the course. No'

and
'I want to apply for more, taking into account my household income.'

No details of actual figures... I did recieve a letter ages ago, but I have the sneaking suspicion Finance are going to do to me what they've done to many other people and say I applied for neither of the loans. Which is a lie....!
Reply 1595
aliphatic

Click on payments on the left on the 'my account' screen
Reply 1596
my status is still 'awaiting ******* further information' and I'm off to uni in 3 days.
I'm totally PISSED OFF. I've sent all the evidence 3 months ago :mad: :mad:
HI

I'm an undergraduate and have no idea when should I apply for Student loan. Can someone throw some light. I'm enrolling for 2009/2010, so I haven't yet send my UCAS application.

dtochilarov
HI

I'm an undergraduate and have no idea when should I apply for Student loan. Can someone throw some light. I'm enrolling for 2009/2010, so I haven't yet send my UCAS application.

You mean 2010/2011?

If you want your loan on time for when you start term, you should have applied... when you started your GCSE's :smile:

But really, just apply ASAP (definately before april)
2010-2011 applications aren't open yet.

If you did mean 2009-2010 (as in starting now) then god help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending