The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol
Reply 61
The link doesnt work anymore aaaaaaaaahhhhh.
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-210784
According to this some guy in Washington informed the police of it all and they are trying to find him.
Reply 63
Pavlik
Search google '30daystodeath' and then click on 'cached'

OMG its you isn't it, what do you think your doing? save your self, i said save yourself, testify my brother.
Reply 64
He's not really attractive so it's not that sad...

No, I'm kidding, I hope they found that guy and give him help. And it's absolutely terrible that people egg him on to commit suicide! I can't believe people would do that!
calvinuk
Suicide is illegal, yes, but I was under the impression that attempted suicide is not.

Suicide is not illegal. Assisting somebody with commiting suicide, on the other hand, is.
Bill Shakespeare
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-210784
According to this some guy in Washington informed the police of it all and they are trying to find him.

well seems Niccole McLaughlin did a better job than I did of getting through to the authorities then.

Good, at least somebody did. It was driving me crackers!
Kolya
If he chooses not to tell his friends and family then that is up to him. I think it is important to be nonjudgemental. It's his life, and he can do as he wishes. If he wants to talk about it with his family and friends then that's fine; if he doesn't want to talk about it then that's fine too.

She's not being judgemental, she's being supportive which is a very important thing to do for someone in that situation. It may not help in the end but it's better than nothing and the victim will know that he is not alone and uncared for. Depression is a horrible thing to go through, people should be doing what they can to help.
Ehhhh, Chris Morris did this years ago.
PinkMobilePhone
That's stupid. They can only act when the user is actively trying to hurt themselves? Bit too late then! What on earth are they going to do when he's already slit his wrists or taken an overdose or whatever?
He needs to be prevented before it gets that far!

Maybe it's because if they were to act to stop everyone who ever threatened self harm on LiveJournal, they'd need a rapid response team of about ten million people?

Just a thought.

Well I don't know what to do now - US government fobbed me off, I've had no reply from FBI, and Live Journal "can't do anything".

That's the greatest thing I've ever read. Bloody US government, eh? Never returning my calls. What must they do all day!
2 5 +
Maybe it's because if they were to act to stop everyone who ever threatened self harm on LiveJournal, they'd need a rapid response team of about ten million people?

Just a thought.

That's the greatest thing I've ever read. Bloody US government, eh? Never returning my calls. What must they do all day!

don't talk rubbish. I got an email response from the US government. I didn't ring them, that's ridiculous.

And it turns out that somebody else DID manage to get the LA police to investigate this blog, so I was clearly not overreacting my trying to alert the authorities. It was easier for them to do so than me though, seen as how I'm in a totally different country.
Reply 71
Personally I think suicide is a worse crime that murder. They should bring back capital punishment for it.
Reply 72
Orgasm
Personally I think suicide is a worse crime that murder. They should bring back capital punishment for it.

I take it you're joking?
Reply 73
Ghost
I take it you're joking?

No.
Reply 74
Orgasm
No.

So.. someone tries to kill themselves, gets caught, and then the government kills them?
Reply 75
Ghost
So.. someone tries to kill themselves, gets caught, and then the government kills them?

Yep, it would act as an incentive not to try it. Suicide rates would drop.
Reply 76
Orgasm
Yep, it would act as an incentive not to try it. Suicide rates would drop.

lol you're obviously joking.
Reply 77
Ghost
lol you're obviously joking.

Silly.
Reply 78
Shouldn't this be reported or something?
Reply 79
SnowAngel
Shouldn't this be reported or something?

yes contact the social services and phone the police

Latest

Trending

Trending