The Student Room Group

Share thoughts that have inspired you personally

Just daily reading and getting a new thought from God

Psa_119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Isaiah 58:11
And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

US WWI propaganda poster

seeds of victory.JPG
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

make the most of it
Reply 2
James Tissit did a lot of drawings that display truth

Brooklyn_Museum_-_The_Healing_of_Ten_Lepers_(Guérison_de_dix_lépreux)_-_James_Tissot_-.jpg
00.159.128_PS2.jpg
Tissot-1098.jpg
Attachment not found
Reply 3
Ezekiel 38:4-6: “Behold, I am against thee, O Gog (Gigantic), the chief prince of Meshech (Moscow) and Tubal (Tobolsk): And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:
Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.”

Gomer's old home was the Black Sea region (including Ukraine) where Israel were scattered as "Scythians" (many escaped captivity, only 27,290 were taken by the Assyrians in the final main land grab of 721BC).

Genesis 10:3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.

In rabbinic literature, the kingdom of Ashkenaz was first associated with the Scythian region, then later with the Slavic territories - the Scythians moved west becoming Saxons etc, Slavic people moved in.

Togarmah and all his bands are the Turkic peoples, not just Turkey, tribes in central Asia too.

Russia is mother bear, she has seen her cubs, the former satellite states taken from her by the corrupt, hypocritical West . . . Esau and Jacob stuff.

She has been restrained (hooks in her jaws) by NATO though the intention has been shown in various ways, in Crimea and other incursions I can't remember (Chechnya, Afghanistan . . .)
I suggest Russia will have to (or already has) form alliances with The Arabs, Chinese and other Asian/Middle East players to strengthen herself against The West, this will bring her forth into involvement in future Armageddon.

Gomer.jpg
Reply 4
Secular political thinkers refer to Russia as Leviathan!

Book

Isaiah 26:20-21 - 27:1
Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain. In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea (China).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
A presentation on the Russia situation by friends in Australia
https://youtu.be/G0IJklBc4Jc
Reply 6
My Situation

I’ve got a situation, but I’m leaving it with the Lord
I’ll pray and read my Bible for it’s sharper than a two edged sword
Things just need a little tweak to give the Lord a hand
In case he’s slightly misunderstood EXACTLY what I’ve got planned
Yes! I know he is God Almighty, where I go he has gone before
But what if I get the wrong answer or he’s not 100% sure
No, stop it! My thinking’s wrong, just got to learn to trust
But I’ve got to get my own way, I must, I must, I must!
Patience I am learning, I know that blessing’s mine
When I finally accept things are beautiful in his time
Wait!
The sea before me is parting, he has triumphed gloriously
By his grace, his power, his mercy, with no need of help from me
From the top of this mountain I look back and understand
That I had to leave myself behind to gain the promised land
Reply 7
Well, not much response!
Spiritual flat-lining!

It wasn't always that way among students

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBrmPw9f1ok

The seeds of this were sown 4 months before FF to 32:00 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qOqitIKUNs
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
NEWSFLASH

Many “news junkies” are looking with concern on daily satellite TV reports, trying to discern what they might mean and when. There is another story being beamed down, but you have to tune in to get it, and what it means . . .
“lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said to them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord . . . And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.”
(Luke 2:9-14)
Luke2.jpg

THESE BEINGS WILL BE SEEN AGAIN! . . . just before man destroys the planet . . .
“the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.” (Matt. 16:27)
(edited 2 years ago)
Every day counts
Reply 10
"The Word became flesh" (John 1:14)
" . . . yet in my flesh shall I see God" (Job 19:26)
The sin of man is covered by the Word.

FB_IMG_1649578133944.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by NJA
Live meetings this coming long weekend

Reply 12
Like young David, if a boy has a sling and time on his hands he will target-practice and get confident . . . we can practice with the word of God, knocking out wrong thoughts & attitudes, saving the day!

1Samuel 17:40 And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.

David sling.jpg
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
"faith isn't just holding on, it's letting go"

Holding on and not letting go means you are at best "glass half full"

This helps me "let go" . . .

AtoZ.jpg
only a fool breaks the two second rule
Reply 15
You talk AT someone when you want them to hear you, but aren't interested in listening to them.

You talk TO someone when you want to know what they think.

You talk WITH someone when you have found agreement and want to move forward.

Which stage are you at with God right now?
This person is one of the most inspiring people I've ever come across:

Reply 17
"Chance favours the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Reply 18

to understand the gospel you have to experience it, to be born again, i.e. receive God's Spirit like all the disciples did (see Acts 2v4 onwards) . .. and like I and my friends have

(someone else wrote this song, I'm not aware that John himself knew the changes available)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 19
Ephesians 5:2 :
"walk in love, as Christ also has loved us, and given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour."

Just give the goodness you have received fron God . . Just do it!
it is like (better than) a desirable aroma, a perfume, it delights the soul.

"Just giving" materially (usually noney) gives a certain power to the receiver, giving spiritually certainly gives power to the receiver, and to the giver, and glory to God.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending