The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rite
With absolute certainty beyond any doubt without the mildest hesitation it is unquestionably and most definitely Switzerland. :awesome:

:rofl:
of course, we must wipe them off the face of the planet.
Reply 41
I voted Israel - they are constantly starting wars which have much wider influences. Whilst the fighting may be in Lebanon or Palestine the ideology derived from the resistance movements in these regions is strengthened every time Israel attacks, and it is this set of ideas - of Jihad - that is the gravest threat to world peace.

United States is a close second. A declining world power trying to enforce claims to global hegemony with a right-wing (by global standards) political basis at home.

I'm surprised by the ranking of Iran - it might talk the talk about nuclear weapons but they know if they use one in a war the rest of the world would reduce Iran to a nation of shepherds looking after flocks of mutated and sick sheep.
RyanT
I voted Israel - they are constantly starting wars which have much wider influences. Whilst the fighting may be in Lebanon or Palestine the ideology derived from the resistance movements in these regions is strengthened every time Israel attacks, and it is this set of ideas - of Jihad - that is the gravest threat to world peace.

United States is a close second. A declining world power trying to enforce claims to global hegemony with a right-wing (by global standards) political basis at home.

I'm surprised by the ranking of Iran - it might talk the talk about nuclear weapons but they know if they use one in a war the rest of the world would reduce Iran to a nation of shepherds looking after flocks of mutated and sick sheep.

This...
a nuclear holocaust would only be the act of a madman.
RyanT

That's the most logically inverted thinking I've seen in a while.

Why are Israel the biggest danger? Because the Islamist who pose a real world danger feed off Israel's wars of self-defence to gain more power to wreak more havoc. So why exactly is it Israel that poses the danger and not the Islamists (or Iran that backs them to the hilt?)
UniOfLife

Why are Israel the biggest danger? Because the Islamist who pose a real world danger feed off Israel's wars of self-defence to gain more power to wreak more havoc. So why exactly is it Israel that poses the danger and not the Islamists (or Iran that backs them to the hilt?)

Because Israel is doing it on purpose?
Topperfalkon
Because Israel is doing it on purpose?

Run that by me again?

Israel responds to attacks against it by Islamist terrorist organisations in order to increase the support for Islamist terrorist organisations that attack it? Is that really what you're saying?
Either Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. These two 'Allies' (Yeah right) have probably the biggest supporters of Islamic extremism.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3841
The US.
Reply 48
bret
China burns monastries. The US burns people and villages.

Ever been to Daramsalah?
borismor
Ever been to Daramsalah?

Daramsalah:
Where China allows a bunch of secessionists, led by a scheming power-hungry monk to plot war and rebellion against China.

China has not bombed Dharamsalah has it ?
UniOfLife

How was '82 self-defence?
It's always gonna be the biggest and richest nation in the world along with the country that wants to be.

In other words, America and Russia.
Reply 52
Israel, the US a close second.
World peace?
Since when did we have world peace??
Reply 54
flugestuge
Daramsalah:
Where China allows a bunch of secessionists, led by a scheming power-hungry monk to plot war and rebellion against China.

China has not bombed Dharamsalah has it ?

The Dalai Lama plots war against China?!

The Tibetan government chose the way of non-violence.

Of course China hasn't bombed it - it's in India.

What horrible lies you spread.
Grim_the_Reaper
Either Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. These two 'Allies' (Yeah right) have probably the biggest supporters of Islamic extremism.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3841

No they are not "the biggest supporters of Islamic extremism" considering that Osama Bin Laden calls for the destruction for the I quote "infidel" Pakistani goverment and "corrupt" Saudi government.

One of Al-Qaeda's main objectives is to topple what it percieves as the despotic monarchies of the middle east. Furthermore, Pakistan has mobilized 80,000 troops in the North West Frontier Province to combat the 'Pakistani Taliban' compared with the 50,000 NATO troops in Afghanistan.

The Pakistani army (and police) in the region has also sustained 1500 fatalities while NATO forces have sustained 1000. Note that the Pakistani government is taking part in this war even though there is a HUGE amount of domestic pressure (frequent suicide bombings) against this war.

Perhaps what you meant to say was that elements in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia support extremism and only a moron would disagree with that.

You shouldnt make such assumptions after reading one article mate.

And to answer the question in the poll, I think Islamic Extremism is the number one threat to "world peace", with Russia, America and Israel tied at second.
Reply 56
America.

But it could be Russia.
the UK
~EventHorizon~

And to answer the question in the poll, I think Islamic Extremism is the number one threat to "world peace", with Russia, America and Israel tied at second.

Extremism of any kind by its very nature is a threat
Reply 59
Russia - Soviet Style!

Latest

Trending

Trending