The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

But why Alfie?

I went to a wedding fair today. They are the best things in the world ever.
Reply 581
If anyone is up near cranmer rd at any point do they mind checking on my car? Tis a black VW with daisies parked towards the far end of the road. Just if you're passing :biggrin: I worry!
Llamaaa
If anyone is up near cranmer rd at any point do they mind checking on my car? Tis a black VW with daisies parked towards the far end of the road. Just if you're passing :biggrin: I worry!

Selwyn's Cripps Court is on Cranmer Road, so I'll have a wander up to the end tomorrow morning if you want? Just so I don't get confused, as I'm not good with car makes, what's the last letter on the number plate?
FadedJade
But why Alfie?

I always wanted a nickname before I came to Cambridge, and when discussing this with friends today, we decided I should adopt Rocco.
Reply 584
brimstone
Selwyn's Cripps Court is on Cranmer Road, so I'll have a wander up to the end tomorrow morning if you want? Just so I don't get confused, as I'm not good with car makes, what's the last letter on the number plate?

Thank you!
Umm not a clue. You can't miss it though- it has daisies all over it! First two letters DE. It has stripy seats too :suith:
Llamaaa
Thank you!
Umm not a clue. You can't miss it though- it has daisies all over it! First two letters DE. It has stripy seats too :suith:

Excellent :smile: I'll meander up after brunch tomorrow, so about 1pm-ish.
Reply 586
brimstone
Excellent :smile: I'll meander up after brunch tomorrow, so about 1pm-ish.

thank you :suith:
Reply 587
Llamaaa
thank you :suith:

I'm reading the book atm. you are the bestest most fabulously fluffy and amazing llammma ever :smile:
Reply 588
K.T.
^ LGBT rep (this time, it was treasurer last time)

I would say that I'm fairly confident(ish...!) but I'm struggling with what to put on the manifesto :/ & I'm not looking forward to the hustings tomorrow.

Ah I'm sure it'll be fine!! Best of luck!!
I may actually go to bed dramatically early tonight :eek:
Perhaps one more hour of reading. Tomorrow I plan to make 12 :judge:
(by the way, I'm not superwoman - I just have one of this term's most important supervisions on Monday morning and am already fairly screwed :headfire:)
I went to see Eugene Onegin this evening. It was really good, but I have developed such a deep loathing for Pushkin that I couldn't appreciate it in any sense deeper than an acknowledgement of the excellent set/actors/music. The plot just seemed like 3 hours of pointless angst to me.

I still have 35 pages of 17th century Spanish to read and an essay to write on the play in its entirety before 12 tomorrow. This is what happens when you go out three evenings in a row and have relatives around for the 3 days before that :frown:
Reply 591
Craghyrax
(by the way, I'm not superwoman - I just have one of this term's most important supervisions on Monday morning and am already fairly screwed :headfire:)

Good luck :smile:

Gesar
:haughty:

My hayfever is so bad that I woke up one morning and one of my eyes was swollen shut (the other wasn't much better), and unless I'm on medication it's impossible for me to swallow anything without the aid of water. My eyes are constantly on fire, I choke on the mass-produced mucus, sneezing fits every ten minutes (had one so bad before I nearly passed out from lack of oxygen) and I get rashes from touching anything that produces pollen.

I am not pleased spring is around the corner. Not to mention that comfortable temperature for me is <10 degrees.

I can sympathise with that, although mine is not nearly as bad. I have had a couple of occasions when I have been virtually blinded by it, including last year, but the days of pollen bringing on asthma attacks are thankfully over.

Comfortable temperature for me is around 12 degrees I think. But not sure. I do generally like the spring, as long as it's not too warm. It's the summer that I'm not so keen on.

Gesar
Nope. The only one that works for me is Cetirizine, and that's prescription only.

Two problems with that: (1) I will need to re-enroll at my local doctors' surgery to be able to get it. I think, I'm not sure how it all works but I know my sister was denied treatment there when she came home. And (2) I'm probably developing a tolerance to it because it is the only one that works so the only one I take.

That's the one that I took last year :smile: It worked wonders. I could barely see with Loratadine but as soon as I started taking that it was as if I didn't have it.

Chess Piece Face
ukebert, are you going to see Lau at the Junction on Tuesday March 10? Some of the Clare CUCB crew were planning to go and I was wondering whether you were going to be there. :smile:

Probably not, Tuesdays aren't good for me :frown: I've seen them before, they're good :smile:

Had a good day today, went to a concert in London AND managed to do a question that I couldn't previously do on the train on the way there/back. This means that I have tomorrow and Monday to finish that examples paper, do the next and do the whole of the next Fluids one. This is just about doable. Ideally of course I'd already have done 2 of them and could then go on to catching up on Structures, but such is the price that you pay for not doing enough work :frown:
Reply 592
Craghyrax

I will join you with screwedness and massive readingness tomorrow.

*is so tired*
ukebert - I put a vac residence form in your pidge
minimo

*is so tired*

Solidarity :console:

Which days did you say those special formals at Trinity are?
Craghyrax
I still have no idea which edit of which quote of who's post we are talking about. If anybody can be bothered, can it please be re-quoted for me?

Original:
Craghyrax
Argh! :ahhhhh: Why does everybody have to fixate on the most boring, mainstream tracks bands do?

Edited:
Craghyrax
Argh! :ahhhhh: Why does everybody have to fixate on the most boring, mainstream bands?

Such an unproductive day for me. :frown: Oh well, tomorrow will be better. :smile: :yep:
Reply 595
Craghyrax
ukebert - I put a vac residence form in your pidge

Solidarity :console:

Which days did you say those special formals at Trinity are?

Aww, thank you :biggrin:
Reply 596
Actually, what I didn't say is that Peterhouse, being really really annoying, have seen fit to only award me 3 points for being Secretary of the CUCB. I'm half tempted to not sign the contract for the ball until they up it to 7...

And I was supposed to have lunch with the Master yesterday and completely forgot :>.<:
alex_hk90
Original:

Edited:

Such an unproductive day for me. :frown: Oh well, tomorrow will be better. :smile: :yep:

:eyeball: I definitely did not make that edit, because I don't really think the latter version - or wouldn't say it.

*goes to check*
EDIT: Oh, you mean MCREN edited mine.
Random I know - but does anyone want a brand new hole puncher? I got one free from Rymans and now have two...
ukebert
Actually, what I didn't say is that Peterhouse, being really really annoying, have seen fit to only award me 3 points for being Secretary of the CUCB. I'm half tempted to not sign the contract for the ball until they up it to 7...

And I was supposed to have lunch with the Master yesterday and completely forgot :>.<:

Yeh they're being really stingy :mad:
Reply 599
Points?

Latest

Trending

Trending