Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Christ's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
pure_joy
I got a rejection today :frown:
That's too bad, pure_joy. From your sig though, you've got some excellent other choices I'm sure you'll be successful with.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 181
well, I'm not sure if I'll go to UCL or reapply- studying in London is really expensive, it'll be easier for me to make a decision after I get the feedback
YAY!!! I got in, albeit with the stipulation that I take a gap year. I dont want to take a year off from my studies, but it was very nice to be accepted. Still, I'll wait until my other offers come in before making a decision.
Reply 183
Congratulations! Hopefully we'll be seeing you in a while then. Why do you have to take a gap year, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm only 15 and the interviewers seemed quite hung up on that fact. I'll go looking for some money and should I find the requisite funding, I will probably take the offer. I'm SOO happy just to have been offered a place though.
A 15 year old at Christ's? That's...unusual.
We've had quite a few 17 year olds if that helps...
Well, after the gap year I would be 17. I'm 15 at the moment, would have been 16 and the gap year will leave me old and decrepit at 17. I really don't want to stop my studies now though...Oh well.
Reply 187
Well, now you've got the opportunity to travel, study what you like for a while etc., then go to Cambridge. Not bad really.
Reply 188
pure_joy
well, I'm not sure if I'll go to UCL or reapply- studying in London is really expensive, it'll be easier for me to make a decision after I get the feedback

sorry to hear you got rejected, as I am in the same position as you i was wondering whether we do get some kind of feedback you mentioned above or did i misunderstand that?
Reply 189
I sent an email yesterday to the admissions office, asking for feedback (mainly interview results). no reply yet, though.

I'd rather have a look at these before making a decision on reapplying, especially that I visited UCL in November and really liked it, but I'm afraid that a Cambridge degree gives better job opportunities than a UCL one
Reply 190
pure_joy
I sent an email yesterday to the admissions office, asking for feedback (mainly interview results). no reply yet, though.

I'd rather have a look at these before making a decision on reapplying, especially that I visited UCL in November and really liked it, but I'm afraid that a Cambridge degree gives better job opportunities than a UCL one

could you be so kind and tell me when they answer you? (not the feedback just what they are saying :smile: )
I have ideas of what could have gone wrong with my application, on the other side i might just be really dumb in which case I should not make the effort of thinking of reapplying.
thanks anyway.
concerning the ucl and cambridge job prospects, if you compare equal students both with a first then you might be right...
Reply 191
I'll PM you as soon as I hear something from them. I think I was rejected because of my very bad performance in the general interview- might have looked as if I lied in my PS. I didn't, but I completely forgot how to speak, so it was easy to think I have no idea what my PS is about. I'd like to do postgraduate studies anyway, so making a gap year might be a worse idea than going to UCL and applying to Cambridge for postgrad in a few years time. It all depends on the feedback now
Reply 192
Hey

Just joined TSR... :tsr2:

Not totally sure how this works but was dying to talk to people going to Christ's in October.

Got in for Law. Any other lawyers got offers?

And is the accommodation change confirmed or just a rumour? Haha was kind of looking forward to being a small community in the typewriter...
Reply 193
Sarah.M
And is the accommodation change confirmed or just a rumour? Haha was kind of looking forward to being a small community in the typewriter...
H there, I know what you mean about the typewriter. Its reputation for being social was the reason I didn't mind it, so hopefully we're not going to be spread out too much.
Reply 194
@lucho22
did you get in sciences-po?
Sarah.M

Got in for Law. Any other lawyers got offers?

Finally someone else doing Law at Christ's!!! :smile: *waves* Hopefully be seeing you in October (grades permitting of course :s-smilie: !!!)
Reply 196
x-jordo-x
Finally someone else doing Law at Christ's!!! :smile: *waves* Hopefully be seeing you in October (grades permitting of course :s-smilie: !!!)

*waves enthusiastically back* :smile: I really hope I see you there- would be really great to see some friendly faces (or well... know some people).

Apparently according to some (clearly very unreliable) sources Christs is the academic boring snotty college. From all the nice, friendly ppl on TSR I think they're just jealous! Haha but everyone sounds really nice and that's a relief!
What is Christ's like for Rugby and Football? Is it possible to play both sports or would the matches be on the same day?
Reply 198
Hiya Christ's people :smile: What are the rumours about the accomodation? I was looking forward to being in the typewriter too! Any other medics about?
Kicky :smile:
Reply 199
No news on accommodation.:confused:

If anyone has a Facebook though do and come joing the 'Cambridge University - Incoming Class 2007' group- I joined and the Christ's lot have all been really friendly and it really helps to get to knwo a few people in advance.

If you don't have a Facebook, get one! haha :smile: it's seriously pretty cool an quite helpful as it allows you to get to know the people you're gonna hopefully spend the next 3 years with.

(I should get commission for this:rolleyes: )

See you on Facebook!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending