The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Christ's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Well, I just thought I'd chip in and say I'm applying to Christ's for Mathematics.

I don't know why I said that though
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 381
Edit: Has anyone heard of an arts offer at 3 As at A level all at 90%+ and a Distinction in the AEA? I've got the ditinction in the AEA for my subject but not the 90s :s-smilie:
Hey...I'm thinking of applying to Christs for 2009 entry (Maths and Physics) and came across this on this page on the christs website:

You should be aware that in the extremely rare case of someone who opts not to complete in any way the application forms for student grants/loans, he or she becomes regarded as a fully self-funded student and be liable to pay the College Fees of £3,933 (otherwise paid fully for all students centrally), and the University Fees of £3,145 plus the estimated living costs of at least £4,625.

What's up with that? My parents are paying for uni (and I'm v. grateful for that) so I don't need to apply for loans or grants, but apparantly we get 'fined' for that? Has this happened to anyone here who goes to Christs?
Reply 383
Ask the same question to the college Admissions office, that way you will get a proper answer.
Reply 384
Do any of you guys thinkk you'd prefer to be at a different college? Or wish you'd applied elsewhere?
Reply 385
zef99
Do any of you guys thinkk you'd prefer to be at a different college? Or wish you'd applied elsewhere?

Well... when I saw Nathan00's grades....

No
Reply 386
LadyJaneGrey
Hey...I'm thinking of applying to Christs for 2009 entry (Maths and Physics) and came across this on this page on the christs website:

What's up with that? My parents are paying for uni (and I'm v. grateful for that) so I don't need to apply for loans or grants, but apparantly we get 'fined' for that? Has this happened to anyone here who goes to Christs?

No it will be fine. You simply have to fill in the forms for your loan then ask not to take anything... because the gov't still pays some of your fees if you're a British National. However, if you don't complete any forms they won't know who you are and so won't give money to the college for you.

I'm in the same situation for you as far as a tuition loan (I still take a maintenanceone) but still fill in all the (online) forms
Rich_b
No it will be fine. You simply have to fill in the forms for your loan then ask not to take anything... because the gov't still pays some of your fees if you're a British National. However, if you don't complete any forms they won't know who you are and so won't give money to the college for you.

I'm in the same situation for you as far as a tuition loan (I still take a maintenanceone) but still fill in all the (online) forms

Sweet thanks...although this is all still entirely hypothetical. The offer has to come through first before anything is paid :rolleyes:
Reply 388
does christ college have bad housing?
Nowhere in college has 'bad housing'. I met a Christ's student two days ago, and he said it was variable but mostly good.

Anyway, this is a subject thread, so ask in the Christ's thread!
Reply 390
hafsa28
does christ college have bad housing?

Christ's

Seriously, it's not hard.
Anyone here applying? I myself am applying for NatSci.

Interesting to see how many others are on here. :smile: :smile:
oh dear god, you better hope Cambridge does not see you spelling see and are as c and r
didgeridoo12uk
oh dear god, you better hope Cambridge does not see you spelling see and are as c and r

Good point. Changed...
Reply 394
abstraction98
Anyone here applying? I myself am applying for NatSci.

Interesting to see how many others are on here. :smile: :smile:

English wohoo!
I'm applying for Maths here...

Any idea on what IB + STEP grades they normally ask for? I can't find any info on their website on IB's.
Reply 396
mikelara130
I'm applying for Maths here...

Any idea on what IB + STEP grades they normally ask for? I can't find any info on their website on IB's.

Christ's STEP grades have been known to go to SS, but I think their standard offer is 11
SimonM
Christ's STEP grades have been known to go to SS, but I think their standard offer is 11

SS - pfff
Reply 398
SimonM

really?
Reply 399
zef99
really?

Yeah, I've read about it in two places now (one on TSR in the STEP thread last year (possible troll)) and once on NRICH (unlikely troll)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending