University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 581
He's just jealous that there are more mathmos than natscis around :yep:
Reply 582
smilepea
He's just jealous that there are more mathmos than natscis around :yep:

Only slightly :shifty:

Who are we missing? Must be most of the Christ's mathmos outed now.
There any third years left on here or is it all little ones now? :P
Reply 584
Childermass
There any third years left on here or is it all little ones now? :P

Yay, another natsci. :smile:
Halllooooo Im thinking of applying to Christs to do anthropology/archeaology (2010 entry)!

Any students know anything about the tutors or the students doing it here?

Also, hows the drama/music scene at Christs compared to other colleges?

Any advice would be pukkah!
Reply 586
T-o dore

It has its own theatre. Borat was there.

Regarding arch + anth - You've probably already read this
zef99
It has its own theatre. Borat was there.

Regarding arch + anth - You've probably already read this

AWESOME!!!

Plus, the fellow in anthropology there has written a book on one of my main interests! Would it be sucking up too much if i read it? hehe
Reply 588
T-o dore
AWESOME!!!

Plus, the fellow in anthropology there has written a book on one of my main interests! Would it be sucking up too much if i read it? hehe

No, not at all. It might be a bit sucky uppy to mention it in interview/ps but if you were comfortable talking about the subject area at interview then that would be a good conversation to have.

btw, I'm not at christ's, awaiting tommorow's letter, so I'm by no means an authoratitive source on anything christ's related, just giving you the benefit of my 2 cents. :smile:
The last four pages of this thread are the most embarrassing advert for Christ's possible... you're meant to pretend we're all witty, tall, outgoing sportsmen. Come on.
Reply 590
Not that anyone cares, but I've noticed a post earlier in the thread that makes it obvious who the seventh mathmo is.
crafty bison
you're meant to pretend we're all witty, tall, outgoing sportsmen.
Who says that we aren't?
Reply 591
T-o dore

Dunno about the music scene but there is an amateur dramatic society who put on several performances a term in college. The pantomime at the end of last term was absolutely brilliant!
I applied for Christ but I was wondering...am I able to change my college even at this late stage?

I sure hope I get pooled...I sure don't want to be spending my time with buffoons like you guys. :P :wink:
Vivisteiner
I applied for Christ but I was wondering...am I able to change my college even at this late stage?

I sure hope I get pooled...I sure don't want to be spending my time with buffoons like you guys. :P :wink:

L.O.L
Reply 594
wiio
Dunno about the music scene but there is an amateur dramatic society who put on several performances a term in college. The pantomime at the end of last term was absolutely brilliant!

Realistically, there are far better colleges for Music and Drama in the university. However, if you take either particularly seriously, then you will find much more to do outside of college.

We are one of the closest colleges to the University ADC (Amateur Dramatic Club) Theatre which has two shows every week in term, and there are plenty of other top notch theatre societies around the university. In College though, there is plenty of opportunity for everyone who wants to to get involved in Drama and we have a new Theatre.

The Music Society has a fairly good college-standard orchestra, though again, you will find better opportunities university-wide.

The Chapel Choir is of a high standard, and one of the better mixed-voice groups in the University - though would never claim to be at the level of say, Trinity.
Rich_b
Realistically, there are far better colleges for Music and Drama in the university. However, if you take either particularly seriously, then you will find much more to do outside of college.

We are one of the closest colleges to the University ADC (Amateur Dramatic Club) Theatre which has two shows every week in term, and there are plenty of other top notch theatre societies around the university. In College though, there is plenty of opportunity for everyone who wants to to get involved in Drama and we have a new Theatre.

The Music Society has a fairly good college-standard orchestra, though again, you will find better opportunities university-wide.

The Chapel Choir is of a high standard, and one of the better mixed-voice groups in the University - though would never claim to be at the level of say, Trinity.

OK. But is it also one of the most 'competetive' colleges to get in to? I know its not supposed to matter which college you apply to, but i think it does.
Reply 596
T-o dore
OK. But is it also one of the most 'competetive' colleges to get in to? I know its not supposed to matter which college you apply to, but i think it does.

As far as I know Christ's is not especially competitive. And the pool is designed to ensure that everyone deserving of a place at Cambridge will get one, even if their first choice college can't find room for them. Most people will tell you to choose the college you think you would enjoy living in most.
Reply 597
wiio
Most people will tell you to choose the college you think you would enjoy living in most.

Or the college with the best TSR-based banter >_>.
Reply 598
Rejected for English. Ciao.
^Unlucky. :frown:

Accepted for Nat Sci. I guess I'll be seeing you guys around.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending