The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Have been offered unconditional DMU Human Psychology
Worcester Psychology and Health Psychology will be accepting DMU after a nightmare at Derby University Occupational Therapy second time lucky i hope
I got an unconditional offer for Pharmacy Masters at Brighton about 10 days after sending my application. They only based it on my old A-levels, NVQs and work experience. Pleasantly surprised - just what I wanted - but now really nevous!
Need to hit the books to refresh my mind from all those years back.
I've received a conditional offer to study for a PGCE in secondary science. I know it's a post-grad course, as opposed to an undergrad course like the rest of you, but I'll be 26 when I start it so hopefully I still qualify for this thread :tongue:
Reply 23
I have accepted an unconditional offer from KCL - switching careers from engineering to Law...
Reply 24
vira
I have accepted an unconditional offer from KCL - switching careers from engineering to Law...

Congratulations! I have an interview at KCL (for law) next week :smile:
Reply 25
eve_22
Congratulations! I have an interview at KCL (for law) next week :smile:

Oh cool..! Good luck! Hope to see you around in September :smile:
Reply 26
I've had 2 conditional offers from Portsmouth and Bounremouth and an unconditional from Kingston to study Law. Still waiting on response from Surrey and London City!
I've accepted my Worcester offer. :biggrin:
Reply 28
vira
Oh cool..! Good luck! Hope to see you around in September :smile:

Thank you. I received an offer next day :smile:
Reply 29
Hi everybody

I'm a mature international student who wants to apply to UK university, do I still have any chances (it's March31 tomorrow)? I know, it's lame to be so late, but I had no idea about UK deadlines. :frown:

I'm writing my PS right now...
Reply 30
Dias
Hi everybody

I'm a mature international student who wants to apply to UK university, do I still have any chances (it's March31 tomorrow)? I know, it's lame to be so late, but I had no idea about UK deadlines. :frown:

I'm writing my PS right now...

30 June 2009 is the final deadline for receipt of applications for immediate consideration. Those received after this date held for Clearing.
More information here

What are you applying for and where?
Reply 31
(I submitted my reply yesterday but it hasn't been published/approved yet, still QuickReply seems to work, so don't be surprised if after this message there will another one similar)

Hi eve_22, thank you very much for your reply, glad to know that I still have some chances to apply.

I'm applying for a degree in Business & Management. Where? Haven't decided yet, being restricted to make only 5 choices is driving my crazy. There are always Extras, but it's too risky and not something I can rely on. Being a mature student I don't want to waste 1 year because I've been rejected 5 times, but on the other hand I want to go to a good (Top10) university.
I don't have stellar secondary school background, but plenty of work experience, I have no idea how each university do judge that. I wonder whether I should waste one of my 5 choices on Oxford (Manchester) or Cambridge, I'm very optimistic person but that just seems so far away. :/
Reply 32
I've got into Lincoln for September. Got in last December so this is late news!
Reply 33
Dias
(I submitted my reply yesterday but it hasn't been published/approved yet, still QuickReply seems to work, so don't be surprised if after this message there will another one similar)

Hi eve_22, thank you very much for your reply, glad to know that I still have some chances to apply.

I'm applying for a degree in Business & Management. Where? Haven't decided yet, being restricted to make only 5 choices is driving my crazy. There are always Extras, but it's too risky and not something I can rely on. Being a mature student I don't want to waste 1 year because I've been rejected 5 times, but on the other hand I want to go to a good (Top10) university.
I don't have stellar secondary school background, but plenty of work experience, I have no idea how each university do judge that. I wonder whether I should waste one of my 5 choices on Oxford (Manchester) or Cambridge, I'm very optimistic person but that just seems so far away. :/

If you want to apply to start university in Sept/October 2009, your choices are certainly going to have be narrowed down, depending on what's available on UCAS Extra. Oxford and Cambridge closes applications on 15th of October, so, if you would like to apply there, you will have to wait.

You can search for courses on UCAS Extra and the ones that have little x next to them will still accept applications for 2009 start.

As for your lack of qualifications, there is always work experience to make up for it, depending on where you are applying to and how you present it on your PS. However, majority of universities would probably want you to be undertaking some sort of course or to have undertaken one recently. You may want to look at Durham. They have a Business with Foundation course, where they accept mature students and you might not need the usual set qualifications to be able to study there, as they are willing to accept mature students.
Reply 34
Hi, thank you again for the information

I've gathered some info about Foundation Courses, eventually I'm gonna do one if I won't be able to apply for university directly due to my academic background or just being late. My only concern is that being International Student my fees are incredibly high. :frown:
Anyway, I've heard about Durham and I'll take it in consideration. Btw, where can I find Top UK universities in Business field list?
And how about Aston? They have Foundation Course too. And Oxford Brooks? From education point of view, is it so far away from University of Oxford?

Btw, I'll appreciate if somebody can give me quick thought about my PS that I posted in PS Social Sciences section. It's the first time I'm writing one so I have no idea whether it's good or lame. :\
Reply 35
Oxford Brooks (49th) is now where near Uni of Oxford (1st)

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/gug/gooduniversityguide.php

1 Oxford
2 London School of Economics
3 Cambridge
4 Bath
5 Warwick
6 Aston
=6 Nottingham
8 Lancaster
9 Manchester
10 King's College London
Reply 36
Thank you for the link. :smile:

Never heard of Bath though, weird.
Reply 37
Hi,

i got two offers, one from Roehampton and one from the University of East London. I am 25 living outside the UK, now after 4 years of work I want to study Film at one of these unis. Does anyone have advice or know somebody who went there? Plus, is there a possibility to get a "well" paid part-time job, that would not disturb me during my studies or am I just plain naive? :0)
Reply 38
UEL is more central than Roehampton but I'd pick Roehampton over UEL.

Better uni, high entry requirements, 86 in league table (times) whereas UEl is 109.

Did you just pick London uni's?
Reply 39
Going to Cardiff Uni to do Law after a rigorous and very stressful application process (not ucas just the interview and aptitude tests!). so so pleased that the tutors looked belong an intial 'cock up' in my education to see that I am more than capable.....even without precious A-levels lol. congrats to everyone on their offers :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending