The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Free_Spiritz
Anybody been to a Seance here?

Yes. It was rather uneventful. I usually do some stuff during the Edinburgh Ghost Fest every year, but I've never really seen anything moderately convincing. I swear I saw a little girl in ragged clothes in the Vaults once, but I don't think it was a ghost, I think it was just my imagination, where as others would say it was definitely a ghost of some sort.

My partners flat is dated early 1800's and his parents stayed here for a while and his mother says she saw lots of stuff. She says there was this woman in her bedroom, just from the shoulders up, who used to come and make 'soothing' noises when my bf's dad was working nightshift. One night she woke up the the woman's face was right in hers. The next day my boyfriend's mother was diagnosed with cancer, and she seems to think the woman had something to do with it. Personally, I think she was going senile! :yep: However we have met loads of people who've lived here and they all say they've had spooky experiences. I agree it's very eerie and occasionally I hear noises and just about crap myself, but neither my partner or I have seen anything.

Point is I watch too much Derren Brown and think it's all bull :yep:
Reply 81
A couple of weeks ago I went into my front room (the light was off). I could quite distinctively see the figure of somebody sitting up on the sofa (which I assumed was my mum) but when I turned the light on, noone was there.

Not saying it's proof of ghosts, I just thought it was a bit weird.
Apparently when i was about two i started talking to my mum about how i was going to play with my 'auntie merlin' and she was majorly spooked because she had a sister who died before she was born called merlin and the only people who knew were her and my grandparents.... freaky :s-smilie:

Still don't know if i believe in ghosts or not though!
Reply 83
We used to have seances with an unturned glass tumbler on a table with letters of the alphabet and the numbers 0 to 9 cut out on paper positioned around the edges of a table. Each of us placed a finger lightly on the top of the glass and asked if any spirit was there? Very freaky experience. At first we thought people were moving the glass by force but we found that there was definitely something else moving the glass. Sometimes the glass would move really fast from one letter to another spelling out the answer. Once when we asked how did you die to a particular spirit the glass started wobbling and then shot off the board onto the ground. I got the impression we should not have been messing with that stuff. Apparently you can end up bringing an evil/undesirable spirit into your life.
Reply 84
The thing i dont understand with people saying ghost exist is the fact that most of the sighting appear at night in the dark, so when you die if you come back as a ghost do you suddenly gain the ability to see in the dark and act differently?
Well When I Was On Holiday In Orlando Florida and On The Grounds Of The Hotel Was A House, and It Looked Brand New. The Side Window Was Facing Our Hotel Room and It Always Creeped Me Out.
One Evening, at Like 8pm. It Was Dim But Not Completely Dark and I Left The Hotel Room To Go Down To The Bar To See My Dad and I Looked Up At The House To See A Man Standing At The Side Window, Just Staring. I Thought He Looked Pure Ill Because He Was Like...Pale,( I Sounds So Fake When I Say It Like That :mute: ) But Yeah, and I Went And Asked The Barman(Colin :biggrin: ) Who Lived There, But He Said Noone.... He Told Me That The House Burnt Down Like....10 Years Before and It Has Just Finished Being Rebuilt.....SO I Just SHrugged It Off.
But The Next Day...I Was Walking Past The House ANd I Looked At The Bottom Window And I Saw Fingers Under The Window Frame....Being Realy Freaked Out I Went To Colin and Told Him What I Saw, And He Looked Heavy Freaked Out Too. He Told Me That The Guy Who Lived There Had Tried To Get Out The Bottom Window In The Fire, But The Window Was Locked And He Died....:erm: I Was Sooo Freaked Out Man. My Brother Saw Him Too. SO I know I Wasnt Imagining It.

So Now I Believe In Ghosts, My Gran Has Had Quite A Few Experiences With Ghosts Too... But Everyone Has Their Own Opinions I Guess :smile:
Reply 86
Course ghosts exist, Ive seen loads in my school which dates back to the 1400s. Ive seen countless shadowy boys and girls, they were caught on camera aswell. Ive also seen two horse spirits and other, normally sceptical students, have reported hearing horses neighing near them, and there arent any horses within miles of the school. Freaky...
i believe in the.. paranormal? i suppose is the word, but i dont think theyre really dead people still walking around or whatever :P
i have my own (more likely!) views on what they are (H)
caw123
If bigfoot does not exist, why are there so many reports of one?
If god does not exist, why are there so many reports of one?
If the Abominable Snowman does not exist, why are there so many reports of one?
If the Loch Ness Monster does not exist, why are there so many reports of one?
If UFOs/Alien Abductions do not exist, why are there so many reports of them?
If spring heeled jack did not exist, why were there so many reports of him?
If Black Eyed Kids do not exist, why are there so many reports of them?
If Elvis is really dead, why are there so many sightings of him?

You believe all these, right?

well idk about abductions but i believe theres life other than our own :biggrin: UFOs? pretty possible

Latest

Trending

Trending