The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Thud
I think you missed out a necessarily again :tongue:

:redface:
No-one cares. Let people believe what they want.
Reply 62
Shaun1991
What's with you and Gremlins? Your arguments are very, very weak. Comparing God to gremlins is a tad silly don't you think, don't you even understand the concept of God?

(I'm an atheist by the way)

I understand the concept, it just so happens the concept has not one jot of evidence except for some fables.
LawBore
Dude, stop giving reasonable atheists a bad name.

What he said!
Reply 64
Annie354
I think someone believing in God is a perfectly valid reason for someone to 'hate on' someone else. Religion is (and should be) a big deal in a person's life and way of life - it's valid that such a big thing leads to some people hating others because of those beliefs.

Fair enough those are your views, im not here to change those.
and i understand how religion is a big thing in a persons life and therefore shoul govern their thought etc. but at the same time reigion teaches to be a good person above all. You may not agree with what someone beliefs in, you dont have to but above that i think its far more important to be a decent human being.
Just simple humanity really.

The world is an amazing place, its just people to mess it up.
brapboybrap
I understand the concept, it just so happens the concept has not one jot of evidence except for some fables.

Then your problem is with religions, not God. People believe in God but don't believe in bible stories etc.
Reply 66
Rizzletastic
No-one cares. Let people believe what they want.

But there are lots of negative ramifications of doing that...
brapboybrap
Scienticsts are trying to prove that a point of singularity can create such a complex thing at the minute. The event in itself is the only thing that is hard to get your head round, everything after it is very likely to have happened after a big bang. Christians just make up stories of revelation to back up their point.

It all comes down to the creation of the first matter or energy. It's not only about that, its also about purpose of life as well. As I said, people believe that a divine creator made everything in this universe which they believe could of not come by chance. Now really, is this so much of a ''stupid'' way of thinking. Are you really comparing this to mythical creatures such as unicorns and phonexis.
brapboybrap
How can people get away with believing in a mythical creature like God without being accused of being insane. If you think how ridiculous the concept is and how many people believe in it, it is scary.
I bet if I was to say a little gremlin lives under my bed and he invented the world then I would be in the looney house in a matter of seconds. That is comparible to how ridiculous people believing in God actually are.

its not nice too call insane for believing in a higher force
brapboybrap
it just so happens the concept has not one jot of evidence

Once again, you mean "not one jot of evidence that you have personally recognised"

To say that "not one jot of evidence exists" is very nontrivial, and cannot just be asserted without anything to back it up.
tazarooni89
Once again, you mean "not one jot of evidence that you have personally recognised"

To say that "not one jot of evidence exists" is very nontrivial, and cannot just be asserted without anything to back it up.

Until evidence has been discovered for something, there is de facto no evidence for that thing.
Reply 71
You make atheists look bad. I'm converting to agnosticism now.
numb3rb0y
Until evidence has been discovered for something, there is de facto no evidence for that thing.

Ok, but then who are you to claim that no evidence has been discovered? :s-smilie:

All you can really claim is that no evidence has been discovered by you
Reply 73
Yusuf.T
Fair enough those are your views, im not here to change those.
and i understand how religion is a big thing in a persons life and therefore shoul govern their thought etc. but at the same time reigion teaches to be a good person above all. You may not agree with what someone beliefs in, you dont have to but above that i think its far more important to be a decent human being.
Just simple humanity really.

The world is an amazing place, its just people to mess it up.

But to me having religious beliefs should be something that takes over your entire life and shapes you as a person and therefore a person should be judged based on it (fairly or unfairly).

-Though I understand your point, and your opinion on the position of religion in the 'grand scheme of things'.
Reply 74
tazarooni89
Ok, but then who are you to claim that no evidence has been discovered? :s-smilie:

If any credible evidence to support Gods exisitance has been found I would have heard about it. Obviously.
tazarooni89

It doesn't really matter. Until a person encountered conclusive evidence for something, any response other than doubt is irrational. If someone else discovers some but you never know, then as far as you are concerned, there is no evidence.
Reply 76
Annie354
I think someone believing in God is a perfectly valid reason for someone to 'hate on' someone else. Religion is (and should be) a big deal in a person's life and way of life - it's valid that such a big thing leads to some people hating others because of those beliefs.

I think this is the fundamental flaw with religion, and possibly the thing that annoys me the most about it.

Fair enough if you believe in it, i couldn't care less and im probably not going to judge you on it. But it seems the other way round its fine to judge people who don't believe in it.
brapboybrap
If any credible evidence to support Gods exisitance has been found I would have heard about it. Obviously.

Obviously?

Is it not possible that credibile evidence has been found, but you have not yet heard of it?

Or is it not possible that credible evidence has been found, and you have heard of it, but not seen it for yourself?

Or is it not possible that credible evidence has been found, and you have seen it for yourself, but not analysed it carefully, and simply dismissed it too early on?
Reply 78
What a troll.
Reply 79
Shaun1991
Poor argument.

This

Latest

Trending

Trending