The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good on her? You what

She's such a greedy biatch... No Humanity left in people these days.
When that guy was pleading how he would be happy to just split and asking her to do the same, you could tell he was being more than honest. If I was that guy i would probably kill her later and take all of that money..
Reply 21
Such a bitch.
HARSH! :eek:
That's avarice for you...
Come off it! She had been let down before, and lost the money. She didn't want it to happen again. Her only possible fault is lack of trust in a stranger. I don't blame her at all.

She wasn't greedy, she was sensible.

As for the legality, that is tosh.
Reply 24
They didn't agree to split it. He kept going on about how he would choose "split", and she merely said that people would be angry with her if she chose "steal". He didn't even ask her. He was pretty foolish IMO. And we haven't seen the rest of the show - if she had been let down before, I'm not surprised she'd go for steal.

That said, I don't think I could have chosen steal after he'd said all that stuff and looked at me like that. Maybe I'm weak.
She played rationally, it's a classic one-shot Prisoner's Dilemma game.
Beef_Eater
Well not really. Yes stealing means you will not get ****** over. However the game involves developing trust and therefore people may split.

Personally I'll make the opponent swear on their life that they wont steal.

What, and kill them if they don't?

She played well. Good for her. Nice one with the tears!
I'd split - stealing is so harsh
Reply 28
Ice_Queen
What, and kill them if they don't?

She played well. Good for her. Nice one with the tears!

no obviously not...But think how bad it would look on TV. Although one time this lady who was pregnant swore on her babys life!!!
Reply 29
Her body language is so hilarious. The man was stupid. Good on the girl.

That man deserves what he got for viewing her as a pair of tits rather then a viper.
It's harsh, but well done her!
Blátönn
I was just thinking though . . . isn't a verbal contract binding in England? And they both agreed to split, couldn't he sue for breach of contract or something (especially since it was recorded)?

Yeah, but the situation would fall down on their intention to creat legal relations. It's evident that in this scenario each person is not bound by what they say, or there would be no dilemma and no point to the game. Thus, 'agreements' within the pre-understood structure of the game would not amount to contracts.
I know its part of the game and that you're probably more likely to get money if you steal as you'll both get nothing or you get it all. So that way the other person is losing out.
But she is horrible, its the way she looked at him and promised him and made herself cry and the poor man thought she was vulnerable. What a bitch she is! She could have just said "yeah I'll split" she didn't need to turn on the water works the way she did.
Reply 33
LOL the bloke stitched himself up a treat there, should have asked what she was going to do instead of just going, yeah i'll definitley choose split

she played it well, good on her
Reply 34
I swear it's always the young women who are most ruthless on Goldenballs
Reply 35
In this case, you should always steal, and then split it with the guy afterwards.
I don't understand golden balls, but we did prisoners dilema in economics, the only time I've ever been grateful that I've seen Big Brother and a Beautiful Mind, ever.
Reply 37
It's a show that promotes deceit. Not the sort of message that should be out there at 5pm. A contestant gets money for screwing another person over. I just think the show is morally bankrupt.
Reply 38
I would kill her.
Reply 39
I'd say "look, I'm going to choose steal no matter what. If you let me have it, I'll give you 1/3 of the money, if you try and steal, you'll get nothing. Which do you want?"

Latest

Trending

Trending