The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FTC199
oh yeh he will just mis-diagnose himself and then come in looking for a completely wrong treatment, then i can decide whether or not to treat him

He's that ignorant he'll probably end up thinking he didn't misdiagnose himself and his newly amputated stump just goes green through healing.
Reply 81
tolman
Calm down. :eek3: Some teachers do get in at 7, and then are probs still working till 9 with marking and stuff. Plus sometimes they have to deal with naughty kids. They could also get sued.

Doctors don't do that much.

are you remembering that teachers get a rediculous number of holidays (13 weeks minimum) whereas doctors are anything between none (pull extra shifts to make targets) and about 6 weeks per year
OriginofSymmetry
What are you talking about? He has the internet. You're a slow one aren't you.

Yep give him a scalpel and let him loose on himself. The interent can tell him where to cut :wink:

My dad is a surgeon and he is out of the house by 6.30 am and comes home anywhere from 8pm to the early hours of the morning...but they do not do that much do they?
Reply 84
crazylemon
Yep give him a scalpel and let him loose on himself. The interent can tell him where to cut :wink:

LMAO reminds me of a Greys Anatomy episode :P
Reply 85
OriginofSymmetry
He's that ignorant he'll probably end up thinking he didn't misdiagnose himself and his newly amputated stump just goes green through healing.

oh yeh the green phenomenon after amputation that means you're on the mend, must cover that next semester so he will know more than me just now :tongue:
tolman
Wow, I didn't expect you fold so easily. I at least expected a debate.

You say debate I say flaming row
Knight1
Hehe its £100k for a GP

and in America a doctor as in cardeologist earns 250 thousand dollars thats all i know

I wish! It's usually about 60K max, not counting the wierd way they are paid: their practice is technically a private business, meaning the tax is strange (there is a lot to be paid) and also insurance is sky-high because of the responsibility. So in practice a GP will usually earn 40-50K of a 60K salary at maximum.
The pension is quite good though.
Ramos_Spurs

My dad is a surgeon and he is out of the house by 6.30 am and comes home anywhere from 8pm to the early hours of the morning...but they do not do that much do they?

He's probably out for a shop during his lunch hour(s) and eats out every night. He can't be that busy surely.
crazylemon
You say debate I say flaming row

I won't lie, it could've gone either way :p:
OriginofSymmetry
He's probably out for a shop during his lunch hour(s) and eats out every night. He can't be that busy surely.

I suppose he is allowed 2 eat at some point in his day.

Also, he gets nurses and trainees phoning him constantly to.
Reply 91
MathsHamster
I wish! It's usually about 60K max, not counting the wierd way they are paid: their practice is technically a private business, meaning the tax is strange (there is a lot to be paid) and also insurance is sky-high because of the responsibility. So in practice a GP will usually earn 40-50K of a 60K salary at maximum.
The pension is quite good though.

READ THE WHOLE THREAD... Spme Doctors earn about 173k every year in the UK. GPS earn roughly 100k
Alex L
I won't lie, it could've gone either way :p:

:eyeball: not in the mood you were in. You took the trolls smelly bait
tolman
Compared to Teachers. Obviously they work harder than say, a hobo.

:rolleyes:

Ramos_Spurs

Nope, teachers blatently have it sooo much harder :rolleyes:
crazylemon
:eyeball: not in the mood you were in. You took the trolls smelly bait

Hook, line and sinker :sadnod:
squeak
what would happen when you needed a doctor and the nearest one was Africa?

"oh **** I shouldn't have made such a stupid suggestion! Damn"

i'd get in line, someone in africa deserves it as much as i do. And what do i go to the doctors for? Mumps - No cure, Spots - Random Creams, Chicken poks- No cure, Flu- No Cure, haha .
Reply 96
Ok my next question... most of you seem like you do medicine i really want to do medicine. Is it really really hard or is it possible to do?
Knight1
READ THE WHOLE THREAD... Spme Doctors earn about 173k every year in the UK. GPS earn roughly 100k

I have read the thread. I know what some doctors earn. However, the media inflates things and I know first hand what the average GP earns, and how they don't get to keep all of the money.
Reply 98
tolman
80k!? Are you serious? That strikes me as a little too high. 30k for a qualified doctor sounds about right. They shouldn't get more than teachers.

Any ideas why?

Its a horrible amount harder to become a doctor than a teacher.
Reply 99
It is one of the best paid professions out there, but the pay only really gets good at GP/consultancy level and it takes a good while to reach that stage. However that 80 to 100k figure also accounts for those who are self-employed (and setting up a practice isn't a simple process) or hold contracts with the NHS. Salaried GPs earn less than that. It's often regarded as a hard working career (with a lot of talking) although there is a cap on the number of hours worked per week. Either way, I respect Doctors and Nurses a lot.

Latest

Trending

Trending