The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Quady
So you don't think supply and demand should have any bearing on wage?

People don't get paid for climbing everest because there is no demand for them to do so after the first person did it.

Why become a doctor if they were paid the same as teachers. Might as well get a string of Bs at A-level and drink through to a 2.2 in a three year degree and do the doss of a PGCE.

Thats disgraceful, HOW DARE YOU?
tolman

It's true.
Knight1
Ohh i thought the mods moved/pushed it into the medic section. Also i thought people would get pissed if i make very many threads

Nah better it isn the right place
anna_spanner89
the people who go into medicine for the money don't last long at uni or on clinicals....

if i wanted good money i'd have spent an extra year doing an a-level and gone into medicine...but i prefered helping people in the way a nurse does as opposed to helping someone in the way a doctor does...as bad as it sounds, its very self-satisfying helping a patient with the basic of tasks

Im not questioning you, i envy nurses. Nurses have helped me more than doctors over the years. I definately think nurses should be paid more their the footsoldiers of the nationalised nhs. But im just saying if doctors down here wanted to generally help people most docotors probably wouldnt even be in the UK they'd be elsewhere. So im stating dont go into medicine for the money. (y)
Reply 124
anna_spanner89
the people who go into medicine for the money don't last long at uni or on clinicals....

if i wanted good money i'd have spent an extra year doing an a-level and gone into medicine...

Paragraph two contradicts paragraph one.

Are you sure you didn't do medicine because you weren't good enough?

A-levels:
Biology B
RE A
Photography A
Critical thinking A

An extra A-Level wasn't going to cut it.
Reply 125
tolman

eh? What's disgraceful?

Are you suggesting you can't drink through A-Levels and a crappy degree, decide to do a PGCE and sail into teaching?

Or are you suggesting doctors can do that too?
Reply 126
Quady
eh? What's disgraceful?

Are you suggesting you can't drink through A-Levels and a crappy degree, decide to do a PGCE and sail into teaching?

Or are you suggesting doctors can do that too?

I'm bored of you. I'm off to troll elsewhere.
Reply 127
Enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending