The Student Room Group

Whats your FIRM for Psychology 2009 Post here!

Hello, I thought maybe creating a list of people who have firmed psychology for 2009 and where you hope to study!

You might get a chance to speak to people who have firmed the same place as you before you start.

Just post your firm choice (and insurance if you wish) in this thread and i'll edit them into this post.

University of Aberdeen
jaaay89

Bangor University
Bangers+Mash
KayleighB

University of Birmingham
alexa123
Sam Rawlings

University of Bradford
asiunia_bradf

University of Bristol
struz
mattbrandon91

Cardiff University
Katechar_X (with the professional placement year)
SuicideCommando
bubbles_x

University of East Anglia
GeneralChitChat
lermargery1

University of Exeter
02lwilson

University of Glasgow
puschel

University of Lincoln
xkarenlouisex

University of Liverpool
katy.x
University College London
Jamsie_853

Nottingham Trent University
MetalheadA7X

University of Plymouth
Samz

Royal Holloway, University of London
GodspeedGehenna (Second year entry)
happy watermelon
roop1
icedsarcasm

University of Sheffield
abi_rose
oiskey-poiskey

University of Southampton
Clementine_x

University of St Andrews
missruthian
lin¹

University of Warwick
kitty123

University of the West of England
zoe_uwe

University of Winchester
rebbecaH

University of York
mad-cow18

Oh, and one final thing GOOD LUCK

Scroll to see replies

Royal Holloway is my firm for second year entry. :yep:
My firm is cardiff (with the professional placement year) :biggrin:
Check sig, I'm very happy, hopefully will get there and can't wait!
I wish I had the pre-fresher optimism. I seriously regret studying this course.

If you guys arn't 150% sure you want to do Psychology, don't do it. I thought I was.
Southampton is my firm :smile:
GodspeedGehenna

If you guys arn't 150% sure you want to do Psychology, don't do it. I thought I was.

Do you mind me asking why you regret it? Was it the course in general, or the uni or what?
Reply 7
Unforunatley my gf's is birmingham :frown: hope she comes aston!
Reply 8
GodspeedGehenna

How come?
and are you studying it at Royal Holloway? or something else?
Cardiff :smile:
katechar_X
Do you mind me asking why you regret it? Was it the course in general, or the uni or what?

Bangers+Mash
How come?
and are you studying it at Rotal Holloway? or something else?

It's the course generally. Quite dissatisfied with it. 90% of it seems to be rubbishy, common sense, inconclusive or just plain useless while the other 10% belongs to the discipline of Neuroscience, the stuff I actually like. I made the mistake of choosing Psych over Neuro when I came to my applications which was stupid of me.

Ah, I dunno.. Some people seem to love it. I just can't find anything to get my teeth sunk into. Not sciency enough for me; some of the stuff we study is just so plain bad that I'm actually embarrassed to be sat there in the lecture theatre. I have good and bad days.

Yeah I'm transferring to Holloway in hopes of finding a more neuroscience based course. Maybe it's because I'm in the first year, but it seems so far, the majority of the lectures are massively wooly, tiptoe around the subject and then make a massive leap of faith conclusion without really answering any of the questions. There are usually so many extraneous and confounding variables in the studies that it would make any normal researcher cry.
Nottingham Trent
Reply 12
GodspeedGehenna
It's the course generally. Quite dissatisfied with it. 90% of it seems to be rubbishy, common sense, inconclusive or just plain useless while the other 10% belongs to the discipline of Neuroscience, the stuff I actually like. I made the mistake of choosing Psych over Neuro when I came to my applications which was stupid of me.

Ah, I dunno.. Some people seem to love it. I just can't find anything to get my teeth sunk into. Not sciency enough for me; some of the stuff we study is just so plain bad that I'm actually embarrassed to be sat there in the lecture theatre. I have good and bad days.

Yeah I'm transferring to Holloway in hopes of finding a more neuroscience based course.

ah I also prefer the sound of the neuroscience stuff.
Im doing Psychology (with neuropsychology) which means i'll be doing more neuroscience based modules eventually.
and my insurance is Psychology and Neuroscience joint honours.
Reply 13
well i got into all my 5 unis with unconditional offers because i’ve had 2 gap years so am not waiting for any grades or anything, decided to go to UWE over Nottingham Trent, Brighton, Bath spa and Kingston because i loved the accommodation on campus.. turns out i cant even nearly afford to live in it. oops.
My firm is LINCOLN :smile:
going to UEA to study psychology
should that fail i'm going to apply for a teacher training degree instead of a pgce postgraduate
well done to everyone who got offers!!!!
Reply 16
GeneralChitChat
going to UEA to study psychology
should that fail i'm going to apply for a teacher training degree instead of a pgce postgraduate
well done to everyone who got offers!!!!

cool :smile:
I had an offer from UEA too.
Good Luck.
Reply 17
Think UEA will be my firm too.
Reply 18
My firm is: Birmingham
Insurance: Surrey

meeep i cannot wait :biggrin:
Firm: St Andrews
Insurance: Edinburgh

Scotland here I come!!!