The Student Room Group

Worth getting A-Level remarked?

I found out i was 14 marks off an A in AQA Psychology, (2 marks off in Paper 2 and 3 off in Paper 3). For more context I’ve consistently been an A/A* student in Psychology, (got A* in both sets of mocks) so opening my results and seeing that I got a B was definitely a shock. I missed out on my firm because of it, what should I do? Is it worth it to get it remarked?
Original post by sailili
I found out i was 14 marks off an A in AQA Psychology, (2 marks off in Paper 2 and 3 off in Paper 3). For more context I’ve consistently been an A/A* student in Psychology, (got A* in both sets of mocks) so opening my results and seeing that I got a B was definitely a shock. I missed out on my firm because of it, what should I do? Is it worth it to get it remarked?

You didnt get your firm, but got your insurance right? If so, probably not as 14 marks is quite a big jump

Ignore this post, I was wrong
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by sailili

just do it. nothing to lose. plus it’s a subjective subject
Original post by Mickjagger
just do it. nothing to lose. plus it’s a subjective subject

Your right, I was initially wrong in giving them advice. You have nothing to lose
With Psychology being essay based, another set of eyes might award you different marks (they might award you less thank you have though). If you consider yourself to have a healthy distance between your current mark and a C, you ought to get it remarked and see if something comes of it! :smile:
Reply 5
Did u submit the remark? I'm waiting on one myself
Reply 6
Original post by Jamesastr
Did u submit the remark? I'm waiting on one myself

yep! it did say up to 15 days so i’m just waiting now, i hope yours goes well 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest