The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

English with Study in North America Info?

Hi All
The other week I got an offer to do English at Exeter with a year abroad in America and I was just wondering if anyone knew much about it
I've been looking at the uni website and the prospectus but most information regarding it seems pretty minimal

How many people are usually on the course?
In the first and third year are all English students at the uni mixed together or are those who are going to study/have studied abroad in the second year separate tho those who are just doing the standard course?
Also, I'm thinking that if I do get a place then I'll choose Vassar as my US college, will it be really competitive?

Any information would be much appreciated
Mx
Reply 1
I'm on that course at the moment - currently out in the States. PM me with any questions... beccaleetheamazing has also just got an offer for that course so you might want to her as you'll be starting together :smile: .

And yes, I'm afraid Vassar is a popular choice - they take 3 people on average, and there's 15 on the course.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I'm going to do this course in september. Vassar will be my first choice as well.
Last Summer's Dream
I'm going to do this course in september. Vassar will be my first choice as well.

It looks amazing right?
And only half an hour from New York...

What was your offer?
AAA. I've met the graded now though.

Yeah, it only has like 2000 students... Which would be weird.
Hey!

I went to one of the post offer days and met four other people who would be going. Vassar seems the popular choice! Although this year they're offering Pittsburgh as a new choice so, we'll see! The guy who spoke to us said that we'd have a few one on one meetings with him during the first year to decide which american institute we'd apply to go to.
Reply 6
Probably shouldn't say this as it'll sway your decisions... but Pittsburgh as a town is a DUMP. I was up there for Thanksgiving visiting relatives and there is very very little to do. Vassar is cool though - everyone who's there this year LOVES it.

Latest

Trending

Trending