The Student Room Group

Sealed food in bin!

Ok I'm going to sound like a right hobo now but basically...

Today, got my lunch, walked out of Morrions and went to put my receipt in the bin. I then saw the end of a chocolate bar, gold foil, sticking out and noticed it didn't look empty, so just out of curiousity I pinched it to check and it wasn't! I then pulled it out and it was fully sealed, galaxy hazelnut bar - one of the bigish ones. Had nothing on it, no bin juice or nasties, as it was sitting on top of the rubbish.
So I was asking everyone ''I'm not going to look like a hobo if I eat this am I?'' and I was basically getting abuse for not eating it!
So I had a few chunks, got home and as I thought it was quite a proud moment I told my parents... BAD MOVE. I've just got the biggest mouthful about it possibly being tampered with by terrorists...
I just assumed the guy threw it away because he was an idiot or didn't realise he bought the hazelnut bar... so an idiot.

Opinions anyone?
Reply 1
Yeah my mum used to tell me people would inject poisons into chocolate bars and leave them out for kids to eat :tongue:

Surely if it was tampered with like that they wouldn't put it in the bin, they'd just leave it on a bench or something?
Not something I would do personally, there are all sorts of things that happen so I wouldn't want to risk it however minute the risk. :p:
Reply 3
bin raider

terrorists though
seriously
:\:/:\:/
Reply 4
Yeah I think if you're going to tamper food then if you're not going to leave on a supermarket shelf you'd put it out in the open somewhere. If you were going to bin it because you had second thoughts.... you'd take it home surely..
Reply 5
Haha, well I've been called Bindell already :/
Ah didn't Scott Mills discuss this the other night on radio one? Anyway, at least you know you're not alone. Scott does it too.
Reply 7
If it was tampered with by terrorists, I doubt they'd spike just one of them and leave it in a bin? More likely someone bought it and then remembered they were on a diet or something :s-smilie:
Due to my own paranoia, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to eat something out a bin even if it was sealed; however I have no objections to other people eating it if they so wished.
Id be tempted, I do love the Galaxy chocolate, but I dont think I could have actually eaten it.

I too was scared by stories of people tampering with food as a kid. I was told a story about people injecting cartons of orange juice with poison. I didnt drink carton Juice for years after that.
Reply 10
You're parents were being dumb. There's a whole movement of people who actively search bins for perfectly good chucked away food because they are against waste.
ROFL =D
It's wrong, but I may have been tempted too lol
Reply 12
All these posts are hilarious! :biggrin:

I was very much on the brink of deciding not to eat it though...

Damn peer pressure! Forcing teens to eat out of bins!!
Reply 13
Become a freegan. It just means you steal food from supermarket dumpsters that has been thrown out because it's past it's sell-by date, but it might still be within it's use by date. If it's fully sealed then it should be fine to eat.
Blundell
BAD MOVE. I've just got the biggest mouthful about it possibly being tampered with by terrorists...

What? Are they paranoid Daily Mail readers or something? :rolleyes:

The T word is overused to the point that it has no meaning any more.

Latest

Trending

Trending