The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Eric Qin
It depends on the standards of the developed countries.
But one thing can be assured, it will never become a superpower.

Well China's allegedly a superpower but the Western world dislike having any dealings with it.
Reply 61
jburdett
5 red gems, warning level 8.

The value of your opinion < used toilet paper.

Well that's a load of crap. Just because we spend our time trying to annoy people, doesn't mean our opinions are worth less. Rate worthiness by the post, not by random blobs of coloured info that have very little bearing on whether or not a person is intelligent.
Reply 62
Yes, really. I can't believe it's not butter as well.
Reply 63
jburdett
Well China's allegedly a superpower but the Western world dislike having any dealings with it.

Then don't beg for money from us.
Reply 64
South Italy is the same as albania very, very, poor
Reply 65
NEVERYOUMIND
i'm italian - the north is more developed than over here. but the south is pretty shocking tbh. my dad, whose proper italian, calls italy the africa of europe cos its so corrupt.

Wasn 't Berlusconi caught with a prostitute and loads of coke ( something to do with our crap old albanian prime minister Fatos Nano?)

I am not being rude to you in any way just wanted to know facts as i have only heard this through mouth ( i can't read albanian news papers lol)
When you haven't had an earthquake for over 300 years, I'd say it was pretty reasonable to not waste precious time and money safe guarding against the slim chance it might happen again. Doesn't make you undeveloped, I'd say it made you sensible.

I've only ever stayed in Rome and Sorrento, but I wouldn't say Italy strikes me as a particularly poor country, even in the South. Obviously, the North is a very rich area, but from what I've seen of driving around the Naples area, it doesn't look much more impoverished than the rural areas of Spain or other European countries.
Reply 67
How many animals were killed for food everyday around the world?
Who cares? Why human beings died, it became a hot topic?

Do all lives equal?
Lol~
siobhan21
South Italy is the same as albania very, very, poor

Rubbish, Albania's a bloody dump.
Reply 69
burninginme
Rubbish, Albania's a bloody dump.

Have you been to Albania?
Have you been to south Italy?
siobhan21
Have you been to Albania?
Have you been to south Italy?

I've been to South Italy, wouldn't dare go to Albania. If Albania is as wealthy as South Italy, why are so many Albanians desparate to get across the boarder into Greece and across the water to South Italy?

Albania is a third world, wartorn country that happens to be in Europe. It's probably the poorest European country. It makes Turkey look rich. Albania doesn't even have motorways, lol, nor a railway network.
Reply 71
Lol, italy is certainly a developed country. Someone before put something in about the hdi, and italy is number 19th from the top (uk 21st). They've had a natural disaster and handle it quite reasonably. Saying that they should have built better buildings like the japanese do is not reasonable (look at how many earthquakes japan has per year compared to italy), that's just like saying that the us isn't because of hurricane katrina...
It is a developed country that still holds on to history and tradition.
Reply 73
Italy has done a very bad job to repair its old "historical" architectures. So most famous spots of culture were ruined.
Reply 74
This topic is so boring....
In fact, this forum is also extremely boring, you can just have a break, drink a cup of tea, whilst chatting something that doesn't matter at all here......
The north of italy is much more developed than the south, there has always been some disparity between the two. But because Italy's architecture is old and very fragile in places it did get damaged quite severley, it doesn't mean they're not developed.
Reply 76
burninginme
I've been to South Italy, wouldn't dare go to Albania. If Albania is as wealthy as South Italy, why are so many Albanians desparate to get across the boarder into Greece and across the water to South Italy?

They was desperate in 1995 when there was a 'civil war' they are not any more.

When was the last time you heard of Albanians trying to cross boarders?
Most Albanians are going back and no one wants to leave.

Albania's recent transition to capitalism has insured they have not felt any of this'recession' and is getting better my friend.

Tirani was voted one of safest cities in europe in early 2000's. (will post full details.)
Don't judge til you see with your own eyes.

Albania has a population of about 3 000 000, get a map out have look how small it is? Have you spotted it yet? You can get from south to north in 3 hours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_Railways
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=494988
NW8_SW1_EC3
Developed countries bribe mother nature to remove tectonic plates.

I thought this was a secret among the the Illuminati...
Reply 78
burninginme

Albania is a third world, wartorn country that happens to be in Europe. It's probably the poorest European country. It makes Turkey look rich. Albania doesn't even have motorways, lol, nor a railway network.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=494988&page=6

Please you look stupid when you are arguing about something you really don't know about.
:smile:
siobhan21
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=494988&page=6

Please you look stupid when you are arguing about something you really don't know about.
:smile:

I've seen that thread before. How the **** is that comparable to Italy? They only started building them 2-3 years ago, and it's not even a proper motorway, it's only like 10-15 miles long, and the lanes are really narrow. Not exactly a proper motorway in my opinion. Southern Italy has 100s of miles of top class motorways.

Also, that's hardly a proper railway network. According to Wikipedia "Although the official maximum speed limit is 80 km/h, the April 2007 edition of the Thomas Cook European Rail Timetable shows that a journey from Shkodër to Tirana (98 kilometres) takes hours."

I mean, what sort of ****** railway network is that? For the size of the country, the railway lines are sub-standard and quite honestly have a tiny coverage. Also, the trains they're using would be museum pieces in Italy. In Southern Italy, there is equally 100s of miles of electrifed railway lines and the trains, and many modern, high-speed trains are used.

I don't get how you can say Albania is as poor as Southern Italy, that's rediculous, you sir, are the idiot, or just blind.

Latest

Trending

Trending