The Student Room Group

IED or Domus Academy

Hello, I have been accepted these universities for my masters in Interior Design. IED is only offering a Diploma and Domus is offering a degree and a UK degree. I am from Canada and I have a dual-citizenship for Italy. I plan on staying in Italy after my studies. I graduated in the States at SCAD for Interior design. I did accept IED last week, but looking into it and doing more research, I found that maybe I am not the right fit for this school. Their admissions department is not helpful at all and this worries me for future needs. I have asked IED the simplest questions and admissions never gives a straight answer Domus is not as reputable as IED and Domus is meant more for international students but they are very helpful and professional. If I stay with IED, I start in November. I asked if I wished to withdraw right now, would I get a refund of my admissions of 3000Euro, and they told me to read their agreement and look at article #..... and read the reasons that maybe you can get your money back. I am not a lawyer. I am not sure why they could not answer the question straight on. I think if I had better support from IED even though they only offer a Diploma, I would have attended their school. But Domus gives a degree and works with you. Reputation over Degree? Professionalism over Reputation? I have also been accepted to 2 universities in the States for themed and entertainment. Their professionalism is the same as Domus. I do not have a dual citizenship for United States and I do wish to work in another country. Lots to think about but I am worried about about my decisions. Do you have any advice. I would truly appreciate your advice. Thank you.
Original post by Graziella K.
Hello, I have been accepted these universities for my masters in Interior Design. IED is only offering a Diploma and Domus is offering a degree and a UK degree. I am from Canada and I have a dual-citizenship for Italy. I plan on staying in Italy after my studies. I graduated in the States at SCAD for Interior design. I did accept IED last week, but looking into it and doing more research, I found that maybe I am not the right fit for this school. Their admissions department is not helpful at all and this worries me for future needs. I have asked IED the simplest questions and admissions never gives a straight answer Domus is not as reputable as IED and Domus is meant more for international students but they are very helpful and professional. If I stay with IED, I start in November. I asked if I wished to withdraw right now, would I get a refund of my admissions of 3000Euro, and they told me to read their agreement and look at article #..... and read the reasons that maybe you can get your money back. I am not a lawyer. I am not sure why they could not answer the question straight on. I think if I had better support from IED even though they only offer a Diploma, I would have attended their school. But Domus gives a degree and works with you. Reputation over Degree? Professionalism over Reputation? I have also been accepted to 2 universities in the States for themed and entertainment. Their professionalism is the same as Domus. I do not have a dual citizenship for United States and I do wish to work in another country. Lots to think about but I am worried about about my decisions. Do you have any advice. I would truly appreciate your advice. Thank you.

No-one hires you based on the administrative quality of your alma mater, some people will hire you based on its reputation. Is the speed and detail with which a junior administrator replies to you really so important?

Where have people in your chosen sector been educated? What is the post-grad employment record of each institution?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending