The Student Room Group

Can you get an offer for medicine if you have A in Biology, A in

Chemistry and C in Physics
Reply 1
I don t think so as most Unis need at least AAA unless you are contextual or WP
Reply 2
yes if you’re open to the option of studying abroad. the entry requirements are more flexible than in the UK.
Original post by TyNzu

Are you a year 13 student awaiting results?
Reply 4
Hi
Can you share more details of where abroad ie any specific universities?
Original post by Ire_p
yes if you’re open to the option of studying abroad. the entry requirements are more flexible than in the UK.
Reply 5
Original post by Shslini
Hi
Can you share more details of where abroad ie any specific universities?

hi
i’m not a med student but there a few articles that explain it in more detail like this one:

https://blog.medlinkstudents.com/entry-requirements-for-medicine-in-europe/
Reply 6
Original post by marble arch
Are you a year 13 student awaiting results?

No. I just finished year 12
Reply 7
Original post by TyNzu

Are these your predicted grades or recent mock grades? If these are your predicted grades don't bother applying to med school as you'll be auto-rejected and it'll be a waste of money. However if these are your mock grades try pressure your physics teacher to predict an A.

Alternatively, there are other pathways to medicine. Such as taking a gap year or studying abroad (I recommend European countries such as Italy, Hungary etc. I know that the tuition fees in Italy are really cheap (about 2000 GBP although this is for Sapienza uni). Also check if any med school offers a foundation year, I know KCL does but their requirements are an ABB.

r
Reply 8
There are a significant number of med schools that do not consider predicted grades in thier selection processes. Liverpool and Leicester are two for example. They both also accept A*AB if the A*A includes chemistry.

So i would not say they wouldnt invite you to interview with AAC predicted, but you would have to work hard to pull the grades up. You have some time before the med admissions / final exams so not impossible.

The other option might be to look at whether you qualify for any contextual flags, for home or school or bursary, free school meals etc. They all seem to have slightly different definitions of contextual. Then look to see how they apply for A100 courses as well as foundation/gateway med.

Does your school do EPQs in year 13? Its a lot of extra work esp if you need to be focussing on pulling your grades up. But if you do have to do one there can be some flexibility in grades again.

I am not an expert, but I havent really noticed anybody getting in with a C, a B yes esp with an A* but not C.

Good luck.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending