The Student Room Group

No idea what to do after uni

I graduated a year ago, hated my uni experience, and have been looking for work abroad (Italy) ever since.

I've been trying to work abroad and yesterday I got put on a waitlist to teach abroad meaning that I didn't get the job.

It seems like there is no way of being able to work abroad and that's the only thing I have ever wanted to do. I'm giving up on my dream and now don't know what to do with my life. Any suggestions?

Added info - I studied Modern Languages and missed my Year Abroad due to the pandemic
Original post by ahhidk
I graduated a year ago, hated my uni experience, and have been looking for work abroad (Italy) ever since.

I've been trying to work abroad and yesterday I got put on a waitlist to teach abroad meaning that I didn't get the job.

It seems like there is no way of being able to work abroad and that's the only thing I have ever wanted to do. I'm giving up on my dream and now don't know what to do with my life. Any suggestions?

Added info - I studied Modern Languages and missed my Year Abroad due to the pandemic

Whilst you continue to apply for jobs overseas, could you not apply for jobs in the UK which would make use of your language skills? Perhaps as a teacher, private tutor, translator, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Whilst you continue to apply for jobs overseas, could you not apply for jobs in the UK which would make use of your language skills? Perhaps as a teacher, private tutor, translator, etc.

The problem is that I gave up applying abroad because employers won't consider you as a candidate if you are not in the country (The British Council was my last chance as they employ you from the UK to another country). I have also looked at jobs in my city and I guess I'll just have to settle for some job I don't really want to do here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending