The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HowlingMadMurdz
I opened this thread thinking that it was about an exam re-mark. I should have seen the word 'Bra'.

Wow, lady. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!?

I don't know!!! :smile:
What link did you follow?
get fitted in marks and sparks !!
Original post by Crazy Lady!!!
Where would you recommend?

I tend to end up buying most of my bras from Marks & Spencer so i'd probably have it done there and I guess I trust them, although I found Debenhams alright too when I had a fitting there.

Go wherever you tend to shop, and if you don't think it's right then maybe try another shop for a second opinion.
go to debenhams and get a fitting :smile: they are really good there and they have really nice larger sized bras - im a 32E :L
Original post by Silver Arrow
Show us pics and we'll judge :wink:

Spoiler

Lol :smile:

Anyway it's for a bra not for clothes you know! But yeah I do know what you mean :smile:
Any suggestions where?

Most of the big retailers should do them; I know that M&S do them and maybe Debenhams, oh and La Senza should also most definitely help you with that.
Marks, La Senza or any large department store. Dont trust the online links, as you probably won't measure yourself in the right place, and even if you do, they may not all be using the same method.

You should really go into a store and ask to be measured, and then keep going! Your body will change, and wearing an ill fitting bra can cause you health problems, not to mention being bloody uncomfortable! :smile:
So I just followed a link in another thread on here and calculated my bra size. I currently wear 36B maybe a C depending on the shop and this link told me I was actually a 30E!!! I'm like WTF!!! an E!!!

Then I found another link that told me I was a 34DD... ok very confused where would you recommend I went for a fitting and should I trust the others websites?

Thanks in advance!

lol, i went from a 36D to now a 32FF, i just went to la senza and picked myself out some new bras which looked a lot better.
Original post by Pandora.

I'll get it hang on :smile:

Original post by tweety_2479
get fitted in marks and sparks !!

Haha yeah will try there!

Original post by Nymthae
I tend to end up buying most of my bras from Marks & Spencer so i'd probably have it done there and I guess I trust them, although I found Debenhams alright too when I had a fitting there.

Go wherever you tend to shop, and if you don't think it's right then maybe try another shop for a second opinion.

Ok will try Debenhams too :smile:

Original post by Unununium
go to debenhams and get a fitting :smile: they are really good there and they have really nice larger sized bras - im a 32E :L

I've never been able to class myself as 'larger'

Original post by MereBeing
Most of the big retailers should do them; I know that M&S do them and maybe Debenhams, oh and La Senza should also most definitely help you with that.

Original post by PandaFaerie
Marks, La Senza or any large department store. Dont trust the online links, as you probably won't measure yourself in the right place, and even if you do, they may not all be using the same method.

You should really go into a store and ask to be measured, and then keep going! Your body will change, and wearing an ill fitting bra can cause you health problems, not to mention being bloody uncomfortable! :smile:

My current vra doesn't feel uncomfy tho!!! Thanks I know what you mean :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
lol, i went from a 36D to now a 32FF, i just went to la senza and picked myself out some new bras which looked a lot better.

Is la senza expesive?

Anyway it's for a bra not for clothes you know! But yeah I do know what you mean :smile:

Yeah same concept applies really. Get down to M&S, Debenhams, Ann Summers, La Senza e.t.c and get it sorted.
I now buy clothes that are just my size and i feel really comfortable with my body and it shows.
There's nothing worse than wearing clothes that dont fit you. You look and feel mega awkward.
Reply 1192
So I just followed a link in another thread on here and calculated my bra size. I currently wear 36B maybe a C depending on the shop and this link told me I was actually a 30E!!! I'm like WTF!!! an E!!!

Then I found another link that told me I was a 34DD... ok very confused where would you recommend I went for a fitting and should I trust the others websites?

Thanks in advance!

Bra cup sizes are relative, not absolute. So a 34C is nothing like a 32C. The letter indicates the bust size relative to the back size.

Most women wear the wrong size bra. Most women guess what they think sounds about right - and most will think they're something like a 32C purely because that sounds "medium". There is also a perception that anything above C is huge. It's not, and on proper measuring, most women will probably find their back size is smaller than they think, and their cup size is "larger" than they thought.

The whole thing also gets confused by fashions. As full cup bras are much less popular, and balconettes and half (or less) cup bras are more popular, women try and emulate one particular look with a different style bra, and basically end up with the wrong size on.

Another factor is that measurement is more art than science, and heavily depends on the manufacturer. A lot of it depends on how hard the measurer pulls the tape.
M&S or La Senza. Wherever you go, buy bras there afterwards as each shop changes sizes slightly. La Senza do student discount if that helps?
Original post by littlehobbit
M&S or La Senza. Wherever you go, buy bras there afterwards as each shop changes sizes slightly. La Senza do student discount if that helps?

Only 15!!! Lol on another calculator I'm a 30FF!!!!!!!!!
Most Ann Summers stores also do free bra fittings, i've heard excellent things about M&S though and I think that'd be your best start point :smile:
Also worth noting you're best off getting a measurement from each large store as they have slightly different measurements in their bra sizes, i.e you can be a 34B in one shop and 34C in another just due to the sizing differences ;P
Original post by NightWatch
Most Ann Summers stores also do free bra fittings, i've heard excellent things about M&S though and I think that'd be your best start point :smile:
Also worth noting you're best off getting a measurement from each large store as they have slightly different measurements in their bra sizes, i.e you can be a 34B in one shop and 34C in another just due to the sizing differences ;P

Ok great thank you :smile:
Original post by Pandora.

http://m.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
Still can't get over a 30FF mind...

Quick Reply

Latest