The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone watching Derren Brown's antics tonight?
i will be watching those antics tomorrow on 4oD

win 7 is great, or at least what i have used of it so far has been. used the milestones, beta and RC. was going to try and get the RTM, but i might as well wait until october 21st tbh.. i have too much to sort out with my partitions anyway, and adding that into the mix now would just funk up everything.
i am now watching the antics so i can fast forward through the adverts, hence being even more glued to screen than usual if that makes sense. will report back.
I'v set my hard drives into RAID 0 and have a backup FAT32 drive (linux has problems accessing NTFS and I want my backup windows and linux compatible) and 2 other partitions for linux and windows (well 3, but one is just my linux swap space) so I have all my partitions sorted. Windows 7 is good, but one of my favourite features (the new task bar view) is only in win7 ultimate :mad: I will still upgrade as it has great out the box driver support and the new media player is much better.
DayneD89
I'v set my hard drives into RAID 0 and have a backup FAT32 drive (linux has problems accessing NTFS and I want my backup windows and linux compatible) and 2 other partitions for linux and windows (well 3, but one is just my linux swap space) so I have all my partitions sorted. Windows 7 is good, but one of my favourite features (the new task bar view) is only in win7 ultimate :mad: I will still upgrade as it has great out the box driver support and the new media player is much better.

the task bar view is only in the ultimate version? thats proper ****.. thats one of the features i wanted, and was under the impression would be standard.. bastards

i have 2 hard drives, and 6 partions between them, 3 for OS's, vista current, vista ******, and xp. Music, Video and Documents take up the other 3. (M, V and D drives accordingly..)

i think my DVD drive is i: now..
Noémie
i am now watching the antics so i can fast forward through the adverts, hence being even more glued to screen than usual if that makes sense. will report back.

Ah, the wonders of sky+ :smile:
ViolatedTreason
the task bar view is only in the ultimate version? thats proper ****.. thats one of the features i wanted, and was under the impression would be standard.. bastards

i have 2 hard drives, and 6 partions between them, 3 for OS's, vista current, vista ******, and xp. Music, Video and Documents take up the other 3. (M, V and D drives accordingly..)

i think my DVD drive is i: now..

By task bar view I mean being able to view a window by moving the mouse over it in the task bar. In the other editions you just get the name of it, like in the other windows. A fantastic and useful feature, but only for the ultimate edition. There are quite a few features like that that make the RC great, but will only exist in the ultimate edition. I tested all the editions, and when I upgrade to it I'm getting ultimate.

Yer, I have 2 hard drives. well 4, but 2 are external. they are set to work as one drive though, so I have 4 partition.s my backup (drivers and stuff on FAT32) then an extended partition with 2 partitians in (ext3 for linux, then my swap area) then my NTFS for win7.
the shopping centre in the show is the harliquin ie the watford shopping centre :smile:
Noémie
the shopping centre in the show is the harliquin ie the watford shopping centre :smile:

I'm almost certain those people were either actors or were in on it in some way - Brown was technically stealing from them. If not, that girl must have cried when she realised she'd given £100 to a random homeless guy.

The seat stunt was pretty poor to be honest, despite all the fanfare afterwards. It was fairly obvious how he was doing it as soon as he started preparing us for it and telling us what we'd feel. I've never seen the power of suggestion so strong...
I'm seriously considering starting a campaign to ban GIF signatures from TSR. Bloody things nearly crash my internet every time I scroll past one :mad2:
DayneD89

Now, that sounds ok at a reasonable time. But when you getting told that on MSN at 11pm (which is unreasonable) while you have a fight with the computer, and printer it sounds annoying.
Afcwimbledon2
Now, that sounds ok at a reasonable time. But when you getting told that on MSN at 11pm (which is unreasonable) while you have a fight with the computer, and printer it sounds annoying.

Sorry, time means very little to me.
DayneD89
Sorry, time means very little to me.

It does with me *dies from tiredness*
Afcwimbledon2
It does with me *dies from tiredness*

At your age you don't know what tiredness is.
DayneD89
At your age you don't know what tiredness is.

I do (it involves not going to sleep for 72 hours), whenever I go camping, I can never sleep for more than 5 minutes, so when I get home, have a shower, I then go and sleep for a day or 2 in bed.
Afcwimbledon2
I do (it involves not going to sleep for 72 hours), whenever I go camping, I can never sleep for more than 5 minutes, so when I get home, have a shower, I then go and sleep for a day or 2 in bed.

No, tired isn't about how long you go without sleeping, its doing 3 or 4 jobs at once for rubbish money, for 2 shifts, over 7 hours longer than you were meant to be there. Lets drop this though. I have to go back and work some more.
DayneD89
No, tired isn't about how long you go without sleeping, its doing 3 or 4 jobs at once for rubbish money, for 2 shifts, over 7 hours longer than you were meant to be there. Lets drop this though. I have to go back and work some more.

Lol, enjoy!
someone's bitey.

look on the bright side. you have a job! jobs! which meansyou have experience so you can get a better job at some point. i have no experience. at all. i have never had a job. i can't get hired for ****. and i will never get hired for ****.
You try working with her. Its not fun.
DayneD89
You try working with her. Its not fun.

I'm not sure I'd want to work with you either :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending