The Student Room Group

What extra curriculars do uni law like?

Does anyone know what extracurriculars British universities like for those applying for a law degree, especially top ones like UCL or Oxbridge?

I do MUN and my school and house debating team and have won about 8 awards for that and 8 awards for different writing (mostly essay) contests.

I was wondering if things like social work or law summer courses or legal internships give any credit to university applications. I volunteer during holidays with a family service centre for the elderly who have cognitive disabilities and I was wondering whether that would be of any credit to a university application.

Thank you.
General interest and awareness of current affairs and the legal interfaces with those issues.
Read newspapers, listen to law related podcasts/documentaries (not true crime). Take law related moocs.

Law is an academic degree not a vocational one. Your academic interests in the subject should be the primary focus of your PS.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
General interest and awareness of current affairs and the legal interfaces with those issues.
Read newspapers, listen to law related podcasts/documentaries (not true crime). Take law related moocs.

Law is an academic degree not a vocational one. Your academic interests in the subject should be the primary focus of your PS.

my friend is planning on starting a current affairs blog and was inviting me to write some stuff from a legal perspective, was wondering if that was at all relevant for an application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending