The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Afcwimbledon2
How much has he improved international relations though? He's screwed up on ours, gambled alot recently in the RL UN.

To be fair, the UK is more insignificant to America now than it ever has been. I can think of a lot of countries who matter more to them than us. China, Russia, Japan, Germany, Canada, Mexico...
The only thing keeping us at the top table is our nuclear arsenal (the biggest reason why we shouldn't get rid of them).

What do we think of this Nick Griffin saga? It's a shame the BBC has lowered itself to milking his appearance for all it's worth - after spending nigh on 10 minutes reporting it on the 6 o'clock news, George Alagiah then told us when QT was on...:rolleyes:
Personally I won't be watching - couldn't give a toss what the fascist idiot has to say. Plus it's on at the same time as Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Larry David or Nick Griffin wasn't a difficult choice.
Student2806
To be fair, the UK is more insignificant to America now than it ever has been. I can think of a lot of countries who matter more to them than us. China, Russia, Japan, Germany, Canada, Mexico...
The only thing keeping us at the top table is our nuclear arsenal (the biggest reason why we shouldn't get rid of them).

What do we think of this Nick Griffin saga? It's a shame the BBC has lowered itself to milking his appearance for all it's worth - after spending nigh on 10 minutes reporting it on the 6 o'clock news, George Alagiah then told us when QT was on...:rolleyes:
Personally I won't be watching - couldn't give a toss what the fascist idiot has to say. Plus it's on at the same time as Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Larry David or Nick Griffin wasn't a difficult choice.

Yes - but then we need to gain our position within the world standing.

On Nick Griffin - the ignorant bast**d is being slated by not only the audience, the panel but the presenter as well :smile:

TBH - it does give a good reason of why this country is slowly going down the dogs. Ignorant thugs like him. Also - if I was police I'd let the protesters attack, and if any of his handlers tried stopping them I'd arrest the handlers.
Student2806
Well you missed **** all in my opinion.
Three points about that QT

a)It didn't seem like a Question Time but rather a slag off match at the BNP (Mind you, I could care less.). The real problem with this is that we didn't get to hear Griffin talk enough without people shouting.
b) When Griffin actually talked, it was evasive; it was contentious; it was unsourced (Example: "Recent polls in newspapers have shown......" WHICH newspapers? "That national newspapers" Right :rolleyes:).
c)Jack Straw handled the attacks on Labour, nearing (contentious?) as bad as Nick Griffin (+ going on several tangents....). Sayeeda Warsi...well...Her ever changing populist stance on homosexuality :judge: I say no more. She shouldn't have been on the panel. Chris Huhne wasn't bad, but really....what real power do the LibDems have... :rolleyes:
Bonnie Greer was legendary :yep:

Nick Griffin: I am the most loathed man in Britain amongst fascists
Oh no Mr Griffin, I think it extends a little further more than that :wink:
Afcwimbledon2
Yes - but then we need to gain our position within the world standing.

Why?
Afcwimbledon2
I think we should get Martin Sheen to change his name to Jed Bartlett and get him to run for president!

:biggrin: that'd be funny.
gyyy2807
:biggrin: that'd be funny.

But he'd win!
my god I am SO tired tonight.
Internet back up and running amazingly well :biggrin:
Finally.
Student2806
Internet back up and running amazingly well :biggrin:
Finally.

:five:
Note to self: dont hijack theology threads into a quantum gravity debate :facepalm:
LOL? :lolwut:
Stricof
LOL? :lolwut:

On the plus side, it was interesting. On the other it took far too much time. I was critisising string theory, or rather the way science deals with it. At one point supersymetry and the higgs boson came into it...
DayneD89
On the plus side, it was interesting. On the other it took far too much time. I was critisising string theory, or rather the way science deals with it. At one point supersymetry and the higgs boson came into it...
This is why I stick to the Atheism thread and don't bookmark Theology as a whole :yep:
Critisising eh...I guess we can do that, although we have our limits too. You'd have to be a professional physicist or mathematician to even come close to the level Michael Green is at:p:
Stricof
This is why I stick to the Atheism thread and don't bookmark Theology as a whole :yep:
Critisising eh...I guess we can do that, although we have our limits too. You'd have to be a professional physicist or mathematician to even come close to the level Michael Green is at:p:

Skill at math or physics didnt really come into it. I was critisising the method rather than the theory, and comparing physics of the last 25 years to religion, which is very true. String theory has no evidence to back it up, and it cannot be proven or disproven by any experiment we can do with current technology, nor any technology we will can imagine in the near future. Yet string theory reasearch gets the huge majority of the reasearch funding into quantum gravity. To work outside it is academic suicide.

In many ways the same could be found in the search for the higgs partical. Every time an experiment fails to find it, they simply make it harder to find. This is similar to the field unification problem of einsteins time, where they hid experimental problems by creating a new dimension that was tiny and round so we couldnt see it, making the world have 5 dimensions instead of the 4 we know of.

Supersymetry is the same. It says that every particle has a symetrical (this has a slightly differant meaning in physics) partner partical. Protons are everywhere, yet a protonino has never been found. Yet every time it is not found they change the mathmatics to make it harder to find to account for this.

My point is that this is science of the highest fundemental order behaving like religion and it is wrong.
Ah, I remember Theology. I have a good 4 or 5 thousand posts in there.

And I know what you mean Dayne. I use the same arguments to annoy scientists.
It annoys me when one group feels they are better than another. Hence I love that argument for when scientists feel they are better than religious people.
DayneD89
It annoys me when one group feels they are better than another. Hence I love that argument for when scientists feel they are better than religious people.

And we all know that Politicians are better than the lot of them :p:
Afcwimbledon2
And we all know that Politicians are better than the lot of them :p:

Oh, the irony xD
DayneD89
Oh, the irony xD

Eh :confused:
Afcwimbledon2
Eh :confused:

If there ever could be a best group, do you think it would be politicians? XD

Latest

Trending