The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well this year I've only had 8 assignments so far, and all but two have been completed on the day they were due in?!?! couldn't do the same with the other two since multiple assignments were due in on the same day

did the same thing today actually, had a house party, went bed at stupid o'clock, and got up at 6 to finish, i've done that several times now

well i'm not failing so it's all gravy!!
I always leave work to the last minute. Always.

Fortunately, I have another week to do 6000 words. Woo!
Reply 42
The deadlines for my assignments are typically 3:00 p.m. on the day, and I've lost count of how many times I've been running to the assignment box at 2:55, usually after having pulled an all-nighter.

I always ask myself "why did I leave it this late?" and promise never to do it again, but I just end up doing it anyway. There is this strange exhilaration that comes with not knowing whether it'll be in on time, but I'd much rather be sure that I've put my best effort in and not rushed anything.

I've got four assignments in on one this term, so - for better or worse - last minute is not really an option for me this time. :smile:
Reply 43
I nearly always complete a piece of coursework the day it is due in. And I rarely start coursework earlier than the night before the deadline.
Reply 44
I nearly always leave it to last minute and if I don't leave it till last minute I'll work so slowly and drag it out for so long that the bulk is done in the last minute anyway. However I think experiance has made me pretty good at the fine art of rushing. :biggrin:
I've left most of my work til the last few days this year. Not a good thing. I have a practical write up due in next wednesday, but also have 2 exams to be revising for by then too, so that will get left.

I did so well last year, too. Always did my work on time. Don't know why its different this year.
Reply 46
I leave everything to last minute. Whatever anyone says, its the best way.
I have a 4000 word philosophy essay due in at 9.00 am tomorrow, that leaves me like 6 hours to get it done (what with getting dressed & travelling to college) and so far i have 553 words... do you think that's even possible?! :frown:
Reply 48
Not exactly when I was doing GCSEs I actually had 7 essays to hand in in less than a month. SO rather than leave it 'til the last minute, I just didn't do them and was relegated to getting crap grades. I managed to do three though in the time. But I had to pick 3 subjects I wanted a potential A in. Funny stuff. Good job I never gave a **** about which college I wanted to attend or my subjects at the time. By the way it's not wise to be so uncaring about subjects. Still it's in the past now and my GCSE results mean nothing as I've got other qualifications.

So long story short no, I just don't do them. :smile:
Reply 49
Lol, I'm a total last minute person too... I feel at my most motivated at 5am when I'm determined to beat the clock!
Reply 50
Yup I always do, particularly as I'm currently on an Access course and its so easy to pass every assignment with minimum effort.
oh yeah, I love to leave it to the last minute:s-smilie:
Reply 52
yes, but i never compromise on quality
Reply 53
I have a computing project due in later today and a Physics project which I've more-or-less not started due in for Friday that I almost certainly won't work on 'til Tomorrow. To answer the question, yes and I am a giant idiot for it :<
Yes. I work on all my assignments at the very last minute, sometimes even during other classes. :frown:
Reply 55
Oh yes. As I speak, I'm just finishing up an ICT coursework task that I had the whole of the Easter holidays to do but foolishly chose to leave till the last moment. I also had Psychology coursework due today - haven't done. :s-smilie:
This thread should be pinned so that all we hopeless students can find some inspiration and support, and do not feel alone.
Reply 57
yuuuuuup, just started my bio a2 cw which was due in a couple weeks ago :rolleyes:
Reply 58
Doing 200 words a day 10 days prior to the deadline of a 2,000 word essay works for me perfectly.
I procrastinate terribly!

Latest

Trending

Trending