The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ape Gone Insane
Oh, I did. I despise any sympathy felt towards people who commit suicide. You're essentially ruining other peoples lives forever.

Any problem you have, any depression can be solved if you talk to someone about it.

There are people far, FAR worse off..they don't go around committing suicide.

Agreed.
Ape Gone Insane
Oh, I did. I despise any sympathy felt towards people who commit suicide. You're essentially ruining other peoples lives forever.

Any problem you have, any depression can be solved if you talk to someone about it.

I think you need to reconsider your outlook on life, frankly. People sometimes experience very strong emotions, and feel very isolated at the same time.

This obviously isn't the place to talk about it though, as it is the tribute to the OP's brother's friend.

If you had more taste you would make a thread about it Ape Gone Insane
RIP. :frown:

I might not particually agree with suicide but there's a time and a place and some people really need to grow up and gtfo out this thread.
Reply 23
sexisara
link? (to news story)

not sure if its gonna be on the news but i will be in the local paper tommorow. would they put a suicide on the news?
Sorry if this sounds insensitive but I've thought it really odd that people use RIP. I mean, of all the things to abbreviate...When I die I hope nobody does this to me, it's such a cliche and it's like you can't even be bothered to say something original when giving your sentiments to somebody who passed away.

Sorry if this is a ******** post.
Ape Gone Insane

Whilst I agree that suicide usually causes a great deal of harm, it's equally very myopic to suggest that people should always just suffer their pain. If someone wants to end their life, I can't think of a good reason -- in acceptable circumstances -- to stop them.

Just because someone is worse off than you doesn't mean that you should have to wake up to pain and misery every day if you don't want to.

No one chooses to be born, but people can -- and, in my opinion, should -- have the right to die.
Ape Gone Insane

I do agree with your views about suicide in general but please bear in mind that the OP knew the guy who has died and (I don't know if you've ever experienced this?) but it is an absolutely awful feeling when somebody you care about dies, regardless of circumstances, and other people turn around and start slagging them off in front of you. It's like being kicked in the stomach by a foot made of concrete. So yeah... I do agree in that his family are suffering a hell of a lot more than Josh is now.. but I think it'd be better to be a bit more sensitive in how your veiws are put accross.

A 16 year old girl in my brother's boarding school hung herself in the dormitory there. As far as everyone could tell it was just a simple case of
exam stress + parents divorce + boyfriend dumping her + having too much to drink = moment of stupidity that caused unimaginable amounts of pain.

It's a horrible thing for family and friends to have to go through.
Reply 27
It's a shame when this happens.

He was truly An Hero.
Reply 28
Ape Gone Insane

Read.
Reply 29
jismith1989
Whilst I agree that suicide usually causes a great deal of harm, it's equally very myopic to suggest that people should always just suffer their pain. If someone wants to end their life, I can't think of a good reason -- in acceptable circumstances -- to stop them.

Just because someone is worse off than you doesn't mean that you should have to wake up to pain and misery every day if you don't want to.

No one chooses to be born, but people can -- and, in my opinion, should -- have the right to die.

Quite.
A boy a few years above me hung himself when I was in year 7 or 8. He apparently thought he did badly in his GCSEs but when his results came through, he'd got all A* or something like that.
Reply 31
missimpossible
A boy who was in my class but left after fourth year committed suicide last year :frown: we weren't remotely close but it was still horrible. The thought that someone could ever feel that bad, it tears me apart.

Exactly this.. :dontknow:
Reply 32
Ape Gone Insane
Why is everyone saying R.I.P. bearing in he chose to die and leave behind years of grief to his loved ones and his friends. At least he's dead..his family and friends have to endure and live with the torture of him being dead.

What a stupid idiot. Idiotic thing to do.

Imagine how is mother might feel. Having brought him up from a baby to have him commit suicide. Nice payback.

I don't think the words 'Rest In Peace' are EVER better used than in suicide cases, to be honest. Other people who die might have been peaceful during their lives, but suicides happen BECAUSE people can't find peace in life, BECAUSE they see death as being better than life - for that reason, there's nothing more appropriate than to wish them to be able to rest in peace.

I agree that suicide is needless, in the end; that everything can be much better solved than run away from, but at the stage where you're ready to kill yourself, that's not obvious. If it were, nobody would commit suicide.
Ape Gone Insane

:rofl: How naive.
Reply 34
There were 3 suicides at my school within like 2 years, and two people I know died from drug related accidents.

Rest in peace anyone who dies really, regardless of how or why they die.
Reply 35
Wow some people are pretty heartless. Depression can't always be solved by talking to someone, even if they say the right things the problem doesn't go away. The person has to actively do something to change their life and that can be hard for them. It is ridiculous to expect someone to stay alive for their family, it will increase the chance of them closing up and not talking about it as they don't want to upset their family or make it seem obvious as to how they feel.
I think it is usually a rushed decision (although not always) and probably will be regretted but this doesn't mean people can criticise them especially as they have not been in their shoes and seen it their way.

I do feel sorry for people who do commit suicide as they are obviously feeling very helpless and we should support them and discourage them but not criticise them. It is their choice, but we can influence them not guilt-trip them.
People who commit suicide don't realise that it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It can be solved.
Reply 37
Suicide is a sad, yet selfish thing.
It is terrible that people commit suicide. Someone in my old class at secondary committed suicide too, but he had many problems and quit school because he was too frightened to go. :dontknow:
Reply 39
jaydakiss
Such a sad sad thing happened last night as a boy in the year below me at my school commited suicide. I didnt know him very well but he was a close friend of my brother, it just makes you think how short life can be. Even teachers were crying and many going home; a day after they were teaching him.I dont ever want to say another bad thing to anyone again this has really had a huge impact on my life. He was in year 11 and was targeted straight As and had gained a place at King Edwards 6th form. My thought are with the family as i cant imagine what their going through. I gave blood today and just hope that that can help save a life. Im not sure why im writing this but i just wanted to let some feelings out.

If you need anyone to sleep with you..........I mean comfort you just PM me.

Latest

Trending

Trending