The Student Room Group

so sad :( rip josh

Such a sad sad thing happened last night as a boy in the year below me at my school commited suicide. I didnt know him very well but he was a close friend of my brother, it just makes you think how short life can be. Even teachers were crying and many going home; a day after they were teaching him.I dont ever want to say another bad thing to anyone again this has really had a huge impact on my life. He was in year 11 and was targeted straight As and had gained a place at King Edwards 6th form. My thought are with the family as i cant imagine what their going through. I gave blood today and just hope that that can help save a life. Im not sure why im writing this but i just wanted to let some feelings out.

Scroll to see replies

wow, I wonder why people actually commit suicide. His family must be in peices.
Reply 2
Rest in piece.
Reply 3
Sad to hear =[ There was a similar story of a boy at my school a few years ago (found hanging by his tie on his bunkbed, but was believed to be accidental). Just hits you that life shouldn't be taken for granted
A boy who was in my class but left after fourth year committed suicide last year :frown: we weren't remotely close but it was still horrible. The thought that someone could ever feel that bad, it tears me apart.
That's so sad to hear :frown: this boy in my friend's college died when he returned home, drunk, switched the gas on and gassed himself to death :frown: So tragic :frown:

Rest in peace :frown:
Reply 6
insanetothebrain
Lookin hot babes, PM me.

Oh yeh, rip josh.

Tool.
Is this the RIP for boys thread or something, all the vitims are male. This is just sad. rip to the kid.
Reply 8
i know people are going on saying its cause of pressure from exams but i think it would have to be much deeper than that, people dont see what goes on behind closed doors. Just knowing someone could feel so bad and to actually go throught with it, it was only yesterday he said to my bro he was revising for his french exam in 3 days :frown:
Reply 9
Yes very sad indeed RIP. When I was at school a lad die after him and his friends made a swing out of scaffolding and it colaspe on him. They was a play ground built in his name
Yeah, it's awful.

Girl a few years below me was sick. I mean really sick. Her mind was fine, but she looked really disabled (yeah, I dunno how to describe it).
She died suddenly in her sleep last yr, she was really well known and liked, she just went to sleep one night and didn't wake up.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. :dontknow: What else can I say?
RIP.
Reply 11
You know what goes a long way in life? Giving a simple smile to someone can simply brighten someone else's day and change their mood.

Its sad and depressing to see these suicides. These victims must of gone through a painful experience that I cant imagine or begin to understand.
Reply 12
Advanced Subsidiary
Is this the RIP for boys thread or something, all the vitims are male.

Most people who commit suicide are male. In fact, China is the only country (for which the WHO has data) where proportionally more women than men commit suicide in the UK the ratio of male to female suicides is around 3:1.
Reply 13
I don't see why a thread should be made dedicated to josh. Plenty of people commit suicide.
BJack
Most people who commit suicide are male. In fact, China is the only country (for which the WHO has data) where proportionally more women than men commit suicide — in the UK the ratio of male to female suicides is around 3:1.

Probably because men tend to keep their feelings inside. Many people, including myself, find it quite cringey and awkward when a man bears all, emotionally.

Its extremely extremely sad.
Requiescat in pace.

I don't see why his number of A-Levels or sixth-form place should be relevant though.
back on topic though, it's a mad world sometimes

hope his close family/parents are ok
Reply 18
jaydakiss
Such a sad sad thing happened last night as a boy in the year below me at my school commited suicide. I didnt know him very well but he was a close friend of my brother, it just makes you think how short life can be. Even teachers were crying and many going home; a day after they were teaching him.I dont ever want to say another bad thing to anyone again this has really had a huge impact on my life. He was in year 11 and was targeted straight As and had gained a place at King Edwards 6th form. My thought are with the family as i cant imagine what their going through. I gave blood today and just hope that that can help save a life. Im not sure why im writing this but i just wanted to let some feelings out.

link? (to news story)
What an incredibly selfish thing to do. My heart goes out to his family, they've got to be ripped apart.

Latest

Trending

Trending