The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone? :frown:
Reply 2
y'all crap!
Reply 3
you're not allowed to discuss orals at all until june 1st...see announcement.
I have my A2 OCR French oral tomorrow too.
I'm the only spanish student in my year (A2 edexcel) and my oral is tomorrow as well...not exactly looking forwards to it...
Reply 6
02sd2607
Has anyone else had theirs?
How did you find them, Im the only french student in my year so I feel alone :frown:
What have the role plays been like?
Any general advice before I start crying?
Thankyou!

I have my A2 French OCR Oral as well. so so scared. what topic are you talking about in your discussion? hope all goes well :smile: xx
Reply 7
I just need a confidence boost! Its horrible, it has to be the most nerve racking type of exam!
Reply 8
Katie6Gee
I have my A2 French OCR Oral as well. so so scared. what topic are you talking about in your discussion? hope all goes well :smile: xx

Thankyou so much!
Im talking about ethics and the education system, theyre not too bad actually :smile:
What did you talk about?
x
All I'm worried about is the document I'll get... I've practiced the conversation loads (I'm talking about strikes in France) so I'm pretty confident on that.
Reply 10
clozet
you're not allowed to discuss orals at all until june 1st...see announcement.

Oh dear, why not? Everyone needs to give each other some sort of confidence boost!
Reply 11
rainbow drops
All I'm worried about is the document I'll get... I've practiced the conversation loads (I'm talking about strikes in France) so I'm pretty confident on that.

Strikes in France, how long have you got haha?
The role plays are horrible, one thing can throw the whole thing!
02sd2607
Strikes in France, how long have you got haha?
The role plays are horrible, one thing can throw the whole thing!

Haha :p: I'm talking about the strikes of this year and the student strikes in 2006.

I know... I'm okay on the comprehension questions, but if the subject of the document is crap then my answers to the opinion questions can just be awful at times, I ramble on and on about nothing. Sometimes I can't even think of anything to say in ENGLISH. Argh.
Reply 13
02sd2607
Thankyou so much!
Im talking about ethics and the education system, theyre not too bad actually :smile:
What did you talk about?
x

I'm talking about multiculturalism in France and whether it functions in society. I'm feeling okay about the conversation part (hopefully!!) but panicking about the stupid sheet at the beginning! I have to get a reallly high A to get an overall A, to get to university. not a fan of the pressure at all! I see your doing German as well, hope that oral went/goes well as well! What time is yours tomorrow? xxx
Reply 14
rainbow drops
Haha :p: I'm talking about the strikes of this year and the student strikes in 2006.

I know... I'm okay on the comprehension questions, but if the subject of the document is crap then my answers to the opinion questions can just be awful at times, I ramble on and on about nothing. Sometimes I can't even think of anything to say in ENGLISH. Argh.

My friends has been on ERASMUS this year, at le Sorbonne or w.e. its called, he hasnt been in since january coz f the strikes!
Rambling is what orals are for!
Reply 15
I've got mine tomorrow as well :smile: Anyone got any advice about how to handle the article you get given? our teacher hasn't even prepared us :frown:
Reply 16
Oh god I've got mine next Weds, pretty much gonna die, have never been so unprepared in my life... I'm talking about the scarf ban in France.

Oh god.
Reply 17
02sd2607
Oh dear, why not? Everyone needs to give each other some sort of confidence boost!

I'd imagine confidence boosts are fine, but because oral exams are at different times for everyone you can't like discuss role play cards (which you asked about in your OP) since that would be seen as cheating etc.

good luck though, I'm sure you'll be fine. I have my a2 german ocr oral tomorrow and french aqa on monday, so I feel your pain!
Reply 18
Katie6Gee
I'm talking about multiculturalism in France and whether it functions in society. I'm feeling okay about the conversation part (hopefully!!) but panicking about the stupid sheet at the beginning! I have to get a reallly high A to get an overall A, to get to university. not a fan of the pressure at all! I see your doing German as well, hope that oral went/goes well as well! What time is yours tomorrow? xxx

Thankyou, good look too, my german is on monday WOOWOO ¬¬
That stupid sheet is the bane of my life, I need a B, but I will cry if I dont get an A after all the work ive put in!
Its last lesson tomorrow, giving me all day to moan to friends/cry haha
xx
I usually write out an answer to 'ce texte, il s'agit de quoi?' and just read it off the paper but beyond that, no. I haaaateeee this part of the exam. :frown:

My teacher has advised us to just talk for as long as we can if we get a question we're very comfortable with answering, in order to cut down the time you have to talk on later ones that we might struggle with, so you could try taking that approach.

Latest