The Student Room Group

The Alternative Economics League Table (TAELT) 2010

Scroll to see replies

Paulwhy
When did you get your offer?

2007. Was the only one from my school (which is/was a pretty good London Independent school) to get an Economics offer there. Obviously it gets harder with time but still...i remember back then you needed 7-8A* to get LSE consideration...not Warwick :eek:.
Reply 361
TSR-MATT
I notice a number of the (top 10) universities in the list require a large number of GCSE A*s.

Such as:

Warwick - 9 A*s
Durham - 5 A*s
Nottingham - 7/8 A*s

So my question is, would it be pointless applying to any of these universities with only 4 A*s? I would be really dissappointed if that was the case, I'm hoping to get As/A*s in my A levels but to be disadvantaged because of GCSEs is frustrating. I had 4 A*s, but then I have friends who got 4 A*s simply in ICT gcses so they would be able to apply but I couldn't simply because I didn't do any 'mickey mouse' GCSEs.

i have 10a* and got rejected by durham this cycle for "hollistic criteria" so its not as easy as singling out by gcse's
Reply 362
Hi Paul, I am a prospectuve undergraduate currently taking a gap year, having completed my A-levels. After moderate GCSE grades I finished on A*AB in Economics, Mathematics and Physics respectively. I have offers from both Manchester BEconSc and Birmingham BSC for economics. I would like some advice on which to chose. I have visited both universities so campus and city wise I have no preference. I wish to continue to Msc study at a top university so I would like to know which you feel would better prepare me and give me better job prospects. Thank you in advance.
Reply 363
Original post by Viz9
Hi Paul, I am a prospectuve undergraduate currently taking a gap year, having completed my A-levels. After moderate GCSE grades I finished on A*AB in Economics, Mathematics and Physics respectively. I have offers from both Manchester BEconSc and Birmingham BSC for economics. I would like some advice on which to chose. I have visited both universities so campus and city wise I have no preference. I wish to continue to Msc study at a top university so I would like to know which you feel would better prepare me and give me better job prospects. Thank you in advance.

1. Wrong thread for this, make a new one.

2. Paul is gone.
Reply 364
Original post by danny111
1. Wrong thread for this, make a new one.

2. Paul is gone.

Yeah, he was something of a legend - why's he gone?? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending