The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dude
Just brought it today. what did you think of it (those of you that have got it)

It's on order (Hurry up Amazon!)

Am eagerly anticipating it's arrival.
Reply 2
It seems like a lot of money to waste - just for another 1/2 hour of footage that had been deemed 'not good enough' to be shown in cinemas, anyway.
Reply 3
Egan1
It's on order (Hurry up Amazon!)

Am eagerly anticipating it's arrival.

you should use play.com, they are cheaper than amazon, and P&P is free, and they send it to you in like 2 days.
Reply 4
Mr White
It seems like a lot of money to waste - just for another 1/2 hour of footage that had been deemed 'not good enough' to be shown in cinemas, anyway.

no way man! the fellowship 4 disc version was EXCELLENT. All of the extras were actually good and interesting, instead of the usual stuff that u never watch (except 4 maybe the pic galleries).

Still waiting 4 play.com 2 deliver. Shoulg arrive 2moro :-)
Reply 5
Mr White

The reason it wasn't show in cinemas is because the film is way too long as it is, not because it is bad footage.
Reply 6
elpaw
you should use play.com, they are cheaper than amazon, and P&P is free, and they send it to you in like 2 days.

My sister was making a massive order of stuff so just tacked it on the end, it's free p&p anyway (over £25).

But yes, I have recently discovered play.com, and found to a mix of frustration and glee that it cells anime £5 cheaper than I've been buying/planned to buy at. Hurray!
Reply 7
Mr White

achully there is 40 minutes extra and when you add in the appendicies dvds, you get like 6 hours of how they made it.
Reply 8
Ralfskini
The reason it wasn't show in cinemas is because the film is way too long as it is, not because it is bad footage.

Have you heard that all of Christopher Lee's scenes in the Return of the King have been edited out?
Reply 9
Dude
Just brought it today. what did you think of it (those of you that have got it)

It annoys me as to why the can't release the extended version instead of the original release :mad:

I bought the original of the two tower and fellowship because I couldn't wait long enough till the extended come out.
Reply 10
Mr White
Have you heard that all of Christopher Lee's scenes in the Return of the King have been edited out?

yeah, ive heard that. why did they do it?
Reply 11
kinda off-topic
but i heard they were showing the extended versions in cinemas in the run up 2 dec 17th. Is that just in america or do we get it as well?
Reply 12
elpaw
yeah, ive heard that. why did they do it?

The film was too long - it was over 4.5 hours.
Reply 13
Omen
It annoys me as to why the can't release the extended version instead of the original release :mad:

I bought the original of the two tower and fellowship because I couldn't wait long enough till the extended come out.

Exactly. To make more money.

Mr White

Yes, it seems very odd. How can they wrap it up without any show of him (?), he was quite a major part.
Reply 14
Mr White
The film was too long - it was over 4.5 hours.

A nice lot of extras to pay for next year then. :smile:

---

Apparently a local cinema might be doing run throughs of the entire trilogy. Sounds good, it'd be a long day though.
Reply 15
Egan1
Apparently a local cinema might be doing run throughs of the entire trilogy. Sounds good, it'd be a long day though.

Sounds like a nice way to waste a Saturday.
Reply 16
I am gonig to get it from splash dvd - normally £25 but only £20 if you buy in the next 3 days or so using their voucher - try finding it cheaper :biggrin:
Reply 17
Mr White

I have nout better to do.
Reply 18
Egan1
I have nout better to do.

Touche. Better than watching the Matrix, at least (drivel...).
Reply 19
Mr White

Yea i would be a nice day if they have intermissions. You could drop acid and smoke a few Js beforehand and then go out out the intermissions and smoke another J try watching golem stoned and tripping it freaks the shit out of ya. Good fun

Latest

Trending

Trending