The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

accelerator
WTF! Australia is NOT AT ALL racist.

How would you know, unless you're of an ethnic minority living there.
accelerator

Just based on my own observations.
Reply 182
TeDaX
It's fun to stay at the YMCA. (No, I'm not tripping, I just had to write something here)

In answer to everything you wrote down, you don't have a clue of how's the situation in Italy and in continental Europe in general.
In my country almost every single violent crime is committed by illegal immigrants. If a girl gets attacked and raped in the street, or if a couple is beaten up, or if someone breaks into your house is 90% fault of a goddamn illegal immigrant. And I highlight illegal, because the legal immigrant (that are the most part of them) has a really low crime rate (in line with the natives).

I could even show you stats if you want to, but of course saying that illegal foreigners do crime is not politically correct. :s-smilie:

If the above statements for you are racism, I'm sorry but there's a communication problem.

Then I don't know what country you are talking about, but foreigners cannot vote in the UK - and it's perfectly fine.

Saying that "we don't want a multi-ethnic" society would be hate speech and claiming white supremacy?
Then Italy is becoming multi-ethic (no well, it is already). And you know how? Illegal immigrants are sinking in a ship in the middle of the (international) sea, and instead of shooting them like other countries do, we go there and we rescue them. Than we bring them in a identification centre, where they are supposed to tell their identity. If they do, they are sent home with a plane. If they don't, they are released (without identity and criminal record) in our territory. Of course if they are coming from war zone they obtain political asylum and they are free and legal.
How in the world would be the above a practice of a racist country?
Does the UK allow unknown people to roam around? No it does not, like every single country in the world does not.

I'm expecting you to resort to the Reductio ad Hitlerum in your next post. But the careful reader will note that I never mentioned any race/religion/culture in a negative/intolerant way. It just a matter of crime and ILLEGAL immigrants.

In Italy nobody has ever been discriminated for the colour of his skin, his race, or his creed. And to point out: I'm happy that it is this way.
Reply 183
accelerator

I went there in the summer and actually, when I was in Melbourne (seeing Wicked at the theatre :woo: ), a group of what I guess were the Australian equivalent of our English scum were shouting racist abuse at a group of Chinese tourists...
Reply 184
PoisonGrrl.
By calling a country racist, isnt that being racist yourself? You're generalising based on the way individuals living there have treated you, but you cant put that on a whole nation and ALL its people! There are racists EVERYWHERE, does it matter what country they are from?!

Oh look, if everybody was posting based on how he/she was treated, this thread would have 1 page - but would surely be more interesting.

Here people are just talking out of their arse, about countries they have never been to.
I've got my list of racist countries as well, but as I don't have any real proven argument, I just STFU.
huh? i went to south africa last summer and didnt experience a single bit of racism
OP ur racist yourself too for calling white people trash,not acceptable...oh yh is australia really racist? i wanna go there :frown:
accelerator

that's what i thought :frown:,i really wanna go there :o:
white people cant have racism towards them, everyone knows the rule.

white devil, white devil.#

Most racist country id say somewhere in the middle east. they hate europeans, they think blacks are lower than dogs and i havent got a clue what they think about east asians, but their hate for the Jews is beyond ridiculous.

Least racist people are rich europeans and east asians. Not sure about south america what their opinions are.
Australia is racist. I dont blame them either, the abo's are a disgrace, they're like cavemen.

Then they get a load of African immigrants coming over as well. A bunch of poor people, who have seen wars, deaths, rapes and do what it takes to survive. Then they come to a civilised country and they just dont change because they're on different land.

Abo's and African immigrants cause a lot of violent crimes and rapes in Australia.
Hugh-Jackman
Australia is racist. I dont blame them either, the abo's are a disgrace, they're like cavemen.

Why dont the australians gtfo and go back to where they came from then :rolleyes:
Reply 191
Hugh-Jackman

Then they get a load of African immigrants coming over as well. A bunch of poor people, who have seen wars, deaths, rapes and do what it takes to survive. Then they come to a civilised country and they just dont change because they're on different land.

Abo's and African immigrants cause a lot of violent crimes and rapes in Australia.

Australia is quite racist then if you are anything to go by. Why not just call the ******* and go on a rant about how they're taking er jerbs.

Racial bigotry FTL.
Murderah
India is racist to its own people, you no genocides and all that....

Castes, technically aren't races.
Hugh-Jackman

I thought the lebanese immigrant cause most of the trouble in oz
Reply 194
Junglytoofantyrepuncture
Castes, technically aren't races.

Neither are races technically races or sub species or anything at all, doesn't stop us killing each other because of some arbitrary nonsense that means nothing. If anything being the same nation makes it worse.
JMonkey
Neither are races technically races or sub species or anything at all, doesn't stop us killing each other because of some arbitrary nonsense that means nothing. If anything being the same nation makes it worse.

Yeah I guess it doesn't matter whether it's race or ethnicity or class. There was and if the way things keep going as they are, always will be various forms of social stratification. Its very sad.
Reply 196
Grimsby = the most racist town in UK, I think they even did a poll or something.
InvoluntarySlacker
Is Scotland really racist as people are saying? I am finiding it hard to believe because I want to go there for univeristy :frown:

I wouldn't say so, where are you wanting to be going for uni? Because if you end up in a tiny village up north there's probably a bit more racism (mainly because nobody there would be from further afield than Inverness and people don't get used to other cultures :p:) but if you go to Glasgow or Edinburgh, it's exactly the same as any other city and there's a couple of idiots obviously, but I wouldn't call it racist at all.
I'd hate to think where I lived was really racisttt...
Lyoto Machida
I don't want to give a biased opinion, but you should read this before you go -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7826264.stm

all I can say is, if you do go, stick to the campus like a fish to water.

As an English guy with an accent roundly described as 'posh' and a t-shirt which says 'full English' on it, you'd think I'd be the first to get a beating whilst studying at Glasgow.

Thankfully, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. :smile:
Reply 199
How about Saudi Arabia, where you're executed for possessing a Bible? I'm not aware of any Muslims that have been arrested for possessing a Qu'ran in England...

Latest

Trending

Trending