The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I second that. (I saw it last year, and studied it for AS)
Studied it for AS, but never saw it performed. Shame I live nowhere near that place which I assume is in Wales :p:
I'm more of a musicals girl tho.
I saw a production of it a few weeks ago, but it wasn't very good
Reply 4
well this one previewed last night, i think its an in house production. it was great they had rain and everything!
sophieD
well this one previewed last night, i think its an in house production. it was great they had rain and everything!

I wanted to go see that...I don't know If I will be able to get to it. School are running a trip but I can't make it as I have drama that night. Might go at the weekend
Reply 6
yeah try and see it if you can, i think its on for a few weeks
my teacher's meant to be taking us but I have a horrible feeling he's forgotten about it :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 8
remind him! it'll be worth it!
I saw a performance of Streetcar at the Crescent theatre in Birmingham and it was really good!
YAY!! I am going to see it next monday...:biggrin:
Reply 11
sparklyteacosie
YAY!! I am going to see it next monday...:biggrin:

look out for the man who plays Stanley...

PPPWWWOOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

lol.
sophieD

lol.

ah but he can't be as hot as marlon brando :p:
Amystrangeglove
I saw a performance of Streetcar at the Crescent theatre in Birmingham and it was really good!

That's the one i saw. I really didn't think it was good, Personally, i thought the only two people in it who could actually act were those playing Blanche and Mitch. Stanley (despite trying to chat me up :rolleyes: ) and Stella were both poor and the stage effects weren't very appropriate. If i hadn't read the play, i wouldn't have known they were symbols for Blanche's mental decline. They just seemed random, esp the Mexican woman. My opinion, anyway.
Reply 14
*Bethany*
ah but he can't be as hot as marlon brando :p:

its a tough call, seriously!
Reply 15
I saw it in London a couple of years ago - it was good. I can't remember as much about it as I'd like... I should probably get hold of a copy and read it again, see if I view it differently now.

Glen Close was in the one I saw, and she was really good.
sophieD

lol.

Oooh yay this makes it even more exciting :p:
Reply 17
have fun! tell me what u think
where abouts on the wirral are you sparklyteacosie? you could be my neighbour im on the wirral too!
sophieD
have fun! tell me what u think
where abouts on the wirral are you sparklyteacosie? you could be my neighbour im on the wirral too!

Went to see it last night. I loved the set and whole concept to how they staged it. It worked very well!! I thought Blanche was really good however some of the others had accent problems. If it was an in house production then that explains it (went to see the crucible the other year and it kept slipping into welsh!!!) My biggest moan about it was why the rain at the end..What was its purpose because yes ok it was quite impressive and had a nice dramatic impact on the audience but it seemed really pointless.
Reply 19
sparklyteacosie
Bebington

Went to see it last night. I loved the set and whole concept to how they staged it. It worked very well!! I thought Blanche was really good however some of the others had accent problems. If it was an in house production then that explains it (went to see the crucible the other year and it kept slipping into welsh!!!) My biggest moan about it was why the rain at the end..What was its purpose because yes ok it was quite impressive and had a nice dramatic impact on the audience but it seemed really pointless.

yeah i was gonna mention the rain...i wasn't too keen on that myself, it was quite loud and i missed the last line, lol, and some of the accents were a tad dodgy e.g. mitch
but stanley...you didnt mention him!! what did you think? i noticed his accent went from new york to new orleans quite a lot, but that didnt really bother me! i agree with u about the set tho i thought they used the space really well. the actors are probably getting a bit tired, i don't think id have the stamina to do that every night! it was bad enough doing the caucasian chalk circle for my a level performance, that tired me out, for one performance! mind you i did have about 8 parts (we were a small group).

But yeah, blanche stood out definately

oh and I saw A view from the bridge when the crucible was on at the same time last yr!

im near heswall by the way!

Latest

Trending

Trending